Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
56537905797__129EEB3F-67CF-4E86-A1B5-77A5D5372075.jpg
IMG_0882.jpg
IMG_1710.jpg

Story later. Cleaning game and running lines

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Ok here we go. Five of us set out this morning. Parked the Atv and seen 2 Atv’s ahead. Thought to myself that’s good as we wasn’t gonna go in there. Started walking in and two lights hit me to the right, in the direction we were going. SOB, them dumbasses parked way up and then walked in the woods back to us....well not a problem since I’ve marked many trees and we had stands on our back. A lot of people put their stand up the day before. When I scouted there was no foot prints.

Anyway I veered off w one buddy and hunter, my son. Put my buddy up where I killed the nice buck last year and me and Hunter kept packing in deeper. The palmettos were thick and it was difficult getting through and finding a tree that was climbable since we can’t use limb saws to trim limbs on the federal. Found a tree and told Hunter climb this one as I continued deeper. About a 100 yards away I busted some hogs in thicket and waited to see if I should press on. Eventually I found a climbable tree and jacked up 25’.

Daybreak was hitting and you still couldn’t see with the heavy cloud cover along w a 15 mph wind. Around 6:47 a shot rang out from behind me, thought it was hunter but their is no cell service. Around 7 I hear something coming through the palmettos. Finally see some moving and it’s headed to me. It passed my tree not 10 yards away and figured it was a hog. Right after it passed I couldn’t hear it anymore. I heard another coming from behind me as I focused to try to see it. It got close and turned where I could see it 15 yards away so I placed and eat shot and down it went.

A little after that I shot rang out from my buddy’s direction. At 8 Hunter shot again. Finally got a text through and he sends back “dink down”! That’s my boy, and I sat in the stand thinking of the great memories we are making.

At 9 I got down, packed up and went to grab my 70# hog. Well there were no ground shrinkage as it was about 200# sow. Drug it for about 30 yards and said he’ll no, I’m gutting this bitch. Walked to hunter were I could see him and told him to drag to me as I had a decent looking area to pull through. We drug our kills for 200 yards w stands and gear on our back. I had enough so we walked to my buddy. He said he had a hog down. I grabbed his hog and drug it half the way to the bike. He grabbed it and drug the rest of the way. Me and hunter went back, grabbed the spike and pulled it out. Another friend was checking on us so hunter and my two buddies went back for my sow as I stayed at the bikes w gear and guns.
IMG_1705.jpg
IMG_1706.jpg
IMG_1707.jpg
IMG_1708.jpg
IMG_1709.jpg

Reactions: giles and Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Time for an update. We hit the river and walked in over the ridge to set up. Animals were going everywhere....hogs and deer. My dumbass forgot we need any wind out of the north. Got several blow jobs from the stand.

Hunter had hogs close before shooting time and a hour later let a small spike walk. We got down at 10 and as I’m packing up my climber I hear something right behind me 15 yards away. It spooked but didn’t know where I was at. Could’ve shot it but passed. Wood ducks and geese serenaded is all morning. It was a beautiful sit and I can’t imagine any other place I’d rather be at the time.

My two buddies went home and Hunter went with them as he has to work the next two days. As for me, well I’m staying up another two or 3 days to hunt my property. I don’t go back to work till Christmas for 1 day then off till next year.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well hunted by myself since everyone left. Went to my property, was excited since it really hadn’t been hunted. Got in stand and waited, and waited, and waited. Seen one deer at 430 yards before dark.

Did I mention I hate deer hunting? Nah it’s a love hate relationship with me. Anyway I will sit in the morning and report back.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well I got in the stand and weather is getting better. 46 degrees this morning and had a cow horn spike make a showing. He didn’t hang around long and 30 minutes later it looked like the same spike showed up by my other stand 430 yards away and fed towards me before leaving again. At 8 I had 4 does cross slowly without checking up. I’m trying to sit till 10:30 but I’m getting bored and have no confidence of seeing another deer much less a shooter.

Reactions: giles