Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Got a good frost on the ground, 32 degrees w feel like 25 with NNE wind at 8. I’m on the property w primitive weapon looking for a good deer only. Also checking to see if my pond has birds in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: giles

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well I seen a spike and 2 does. Got out the stand at 9:45. Went grabbed my cam and walked the property. Not to much fresh sign. Went to back corner where there was a good rub. There were two now. Next year a bow stand will be in place.

Walked close to the duck pond cause I heard mallards early this morning. It had a bunch of mallards, teal, grey ducks and even heard pintail. Snuck out and went to the camp.

Met Jarrid , the fella we getting in a new lease in Kansas for 2019 and told him we duck hunting in the morning. While talking he wanted to go shopping at Simmons sporting goods. It’s way better than any bps or cabelas. I told him shit “ your gonna cost me some money”. He laughed and said load up, I will buy you lunch. Hour and 25 minutes later we are at a real hunting store. If someone sells it they have it in numbers. He bought a robo duck, summit stand for his sons birthday tomorrow, drake breathable waders and something else. I went to the Sitka racks and was window shopping. Well tried on a few things and said fuck it I’m getting the matching gortex pants that goes w my jacket. We walked out and stopped at a good bbq place.

While eating I said I feel guilty and I should’ve bought the pants for my boys. He said I’m going back and buying a ravin xbow for my girlfriend cause she loves to hunt also. I’m sure he spent well over 2k and I spent 630. All good. Now he’s cooking, I opted out of the evening hunt and sitting by the fire posting this. We should have close to an epic duck hunt tomorrow..... time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: giles and Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well 4 of us hunted. Teal came in before shooting time as other ducks did also. Shooting time came and we started knocking them down. Had about 20 mallards cupping in out of range when that bull sprig came in and I busted it. Told them sorry but fuck a mallard, I’m after a pintail, don’t care if I shoot any other ducks. Pearl went picked it up. Headed to the taxidermy w it tomorrow when they roll out. Ended up with 9 mallards, 7 grey ducks and one pintail. We got out so we didn’t mess all the birds up to hunt last day tomorrow.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Congrats on that pintail. Beautiful bird. [emoji4]

Thanks I had 16 waterfowl mounted before hurricane katrina took my house. All I have mounted now is deer and a redfish. Pintail is my favorite bird, along with a canvasback. Been wanting a big sprig to put on the wall.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Yes a bunch of spooners down here. I usually pass on them. In swla spooners and teal are the main birds. Fully plumage drake is awesome looking.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Hunting a new place this evening. I have a friend that invited me to hunt his place. To see 20 deer is normal. Gonna try to fill his dmap doe tag tonight. I’m not here to kill anything else, even tho he says shoot what you want. It’s just nice to hunt a different location. This place is 2/3’s inside the refuge. Tensas River borders him, not much of a River here more like a bayou or nice stream. Should be eventful kill or not.

First and third pic the wood line in the background is tensas nwr.