Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Is that elk still in the area?

I’m guessing so but it’s a pipe dream for me to kill it. There is tracks all over on the 20k acres and even at our campground in the ag field that borders us. Probably more than likely me and could be on private land. I do know they like the right of ways and old atv trails in the woods (roads before it was public).

Got a bachelor group of bucks passed my cell cam this morning can Ming off the cut corn field at 6am this morning. Nice deer but really not any shooters for me (120’s). There is a jacked up one that I will kill tho.

Last year we called him high and tight. He has a lot more inches this year but needs to be culled

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
What deal is that? Oh the ball shot? Nope they got a tough drag and battery on phone is very low.

So Friday we make a morning hunt. Hunter decides he’s hunting all day and they only have a bottle of water.

Yesterday they got down and scouted and quick trip to the store to grab something to eat. Hunter moved and killed a doe.

Today they got down at 11 and scouted and moved again and boom, Tyler gets his first kill.