Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well after having cams out for over a month and catching bachelor groups, I’m not seeing the shooters I was hoping to see. So far this is the biggest buck I’ve gotten a pic of. He is a good representative of a “good buck” for my area. I guess you can say run of the mill type of buck. I know that I’m monitoring a small sample on my place. I’ve had a couple pics of this size or a touch bigger last year that wasn’t killed.

Maybe a shonuff stud will appear during the year. I have a regular cam where the nice 2 year old was hanging. Hope he’s still around and has done some real growth this year. He may still get a pass idk yet. Couldn’t go to the camp this past weekend to pull cards due to the hurricane and it passing over my camp and property. Camp is good I’m told but idk about my stands yet. Will report Saturday.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Headed to the camp. Boys have been there since yesterday and hanging in a tree now. Will arrive around 10 and have a doe to track w pearl. Buddy hit a doe and has guts on arrow. Will report back after or in the morning.

My plan is to hunt in the morning and cut again as the Johnson grass is as high as the atv.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Tracked the doe and pearl jumped it. Called the track off. She should be a couple yards further in a small creek. 45 degrees so she will be good. Five of us hunting this morning. Very light north wind, will be a nice sit this morning.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
My buddy went squirrel hunting where we tracked his doe. She was laying on the creek bank just like we figured. He also killed 3 squirrels.

I’ve had 6 does in range and 4 song dogs...there is 3 song dogs now. Dj has seen 4 doe and now has a couple turkeys by him. We have never seen a turkey in 13 years since we got the place. [emoji106]

Fletch

Supporting Member
They are a PIA.... Lousy coons were driving me crazy when I had bait out for bears....Cost of the corn was not appreciated either...

Reactions: triple_duece

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Hunter killed a boar yesterday evening. Called me and said it stunk. Told him to leave it or drag it off if he intended on hunting there.

Got some pics of smaller bucks last night. Nothing exciting except for the feeling of years to come. Yogi showed up this morning.

Reactions: giles and Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Yogis are a PIA.... I got some big ones I'll send you down so you can improve the genes and have some 700 lbers....:eek:

I’m not sure they can survive the heat and bugs. Thanks tho, I’m getting pushed in the corner w these stupid animals. Last hunt I made one took a bite or two on my atv seat. Not the first time either.

Fletch

Supporting Member
My friend buries his climber where he hunts, sometimes he finds it 25 yds away needing a new seat.... Love when they eat a trail camera.... If baiting you better wear a pair of clean gloves when handling your trail camera... Guess unlike George they don't know the difference between a jelly donut and a camera with some jelly on it...

Reactions: triple_duece

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Yes they destroy everything. Legs on stands, climbers on trees, cams, feeders, everything basically. Once had my bag hanging chest high as I was 40’up in a tree. Kept hearing steps in leaves, finally looked down and one was trying to get my hunting pack. Yelled at it, trotted 10 yards and stopped and sat like a lab looking at me. He walked the trail that I came in on w my atv on the trail. Yeah he bit my seat several times, tore it off the atv and even the gas flap that covers the cap.

I don’t have the desire to bear hunt but I’d love to kill all mine. One day landowners will get a tag, I will be the worst shot in the south.

Reactions: giles and Fletch

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
My friend buries his climber where he hunts, sometimes he finds it 25 yds away needing a new seat.... Love when they eat a trail camera.... If baiting you better wear a pair of clean gloves when handling your trail camera... Guess unlike George they don't know the difference between a jelly donut and a camera with some jelly on it...
1911E7FD-DC9E-4607-9603-5F845BD881B7.gif