Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Didn’t want to hunt the property. Taking my 22mag to go scout some new places on wma. Squirrels and hogs are on the list. All this while looking for a good deer spot. 37 degrees, probably should be in a tree stand. But a good long walk will do me some good, get away from the stressors at home.

Really ain’t into hunting yet w Kansas on my mind taking the boys on their first rut hunt in the Midwest. Leaving Saturday at 1 am for a 14 hour drive. Should get there around 2-3 pm.

Good luck to all putting time in the stand.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Didn’t want to hunt the property. Taking my 22mag to go scout some new places on wma. Squirrels and hogs are on the list. All this while looking for a good deer spot. 37 degrees, probably should be in a tree stand. But a good long walk will do me some good, get away from the stressors at home.

Really ain’t into hunting yet w Kansas on my mind taking the boys on their first rut hunt in the Midwest. Leaving Saturday at 1 am for a 14 hour drive. Should get there around 2-3 pm.

Good luck to all putting time in the stand.
Safe travels to Kansas and GOOD LUCK...Maybe you'll find those 150s behind every tree...

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Safe travels to Kansas and GOOD LUCK...Maybe you'll find those 150s behind every tree...

The farmer has said there is a few over that and one he don’t know.....200’s? The land owner/farmer don’t hunt. This is his homestead and said this is the 8th year it hasn’t been hunted. We will see

Reactions: Bankfish

Fletch

Supporting Member
The farmer has said there is a few over that and one he don’t know.....200’s? The land owner/farmer don’t hunt. This is his homestead and said this is the 8th year it hasn’t been hunted. We will see
Damn.... You should be biting at the bit to get out there..... GOOD LUCK....

Reactions: triple_duece

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.

Well Mr Trump gave me a stimulus check and I spent it on me. Kansas ready and leaving Saturday at 1am. Possibly be in the stand Saturday evening, or have stands hung for Sunday morning.

Should I report in this thread or make a new one?

Fletch

Supporting Member
Hell I'd make a new thread... You gotta show George and me how it's done... We've both been striking out... But I've been chasing a ghost... Put a camera out last night to catch that black bastard that stole my backpack, left him half a sammich... Safe travels and GOOD LUCK in Kansas... Shoot a giant...

Reactions: finelyshedded

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What kind of motor are you running on the boat? I have a 1436 from Lowe that needs a motor. I've been looking at the swamp runner long tail kit with the weedless prop and stainless drive shaft. I can't stomach a surface drive that will likely cost 4x the boat for a very well used one. And nobody has ever babied a surface drive. 😅.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
What kind of motor are you running on the boat? I have a 1436 from Lowe that needs a motor. I've been looking at the swamp runner long tail kit with the weedless prop and stainless drive shaft. I can't stomach a surface drive that will likely cost 4x the boat for a very well used one. And nobody has ever babied a surface drive. [emoji28].

I don’t use them as I’d only need it 10% of the time. I’m running a Bigfoot merc 60 on my 18’ hanco custom boat.

I’d suggest a 40 tohatsu if your going w an outboard and I can probably get you the best price for one out of lake Charles. Hit me up if your interested.

Reactions: Redhunter1012

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I don’t use them as I’d only need it 10% of the time. I’m running a Bigfoot merc 60 on my 18’ hanco custom boat.

I’d suggest a 40 tohatsu if your going w an outboard and I can probably get you the best price for one out of lake Charles. Hit me up if your interested.

I appreciate it and I may hit you up on that for the next boat. Since this is just a 14 foot Jon boat I plan to use it as a swamp beater. Something that'll get through vegitation, Cyprus knees, and really get back in there to those duck holes and secluded dry land patches in the swamp. Places nobody wants to take an outboard. I'm thinking of putting wetlander airboat coating on the bottom so I can slide over things easier, but we'll see if it's needed. I've been looking at the swamp runner kits and think an 85 inch longtail with a 16 horse seems about right.

download (20).jpeg