Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
So I’m back at the camp. Got a gaggle of boys hunting this weekend. They all on another wma where them and I hunted opening weekend and I’m on another about 10 miles away. Went to an old spot, damn nutalls aren’t falling here yet so not looking good. 53 this morning so all is good. Not enough service to post a pic.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
One doe was killed this morning by one of our friends. Hunter came to the camp and took a squat snd ate and was gone before I returned to the camp.
They got back in the stands, I’m guessing a different spot and started seeing deer around noon. I think Hunter has one down. You can kill a buck and a doe in one day.
I’m at the pig hole where I killed opening morning.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
F925F864-9A7C-41D8-914A-035AC9F85E53.jpeg

Here she is. Killed at 2:15

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Back at the camp! This weekend will be different though. I’m not here for me, but for a good buddy and his sons first deer hunt. Yes it’s youth season. Been getting lots of pics in the stand they are hunting. Hunter is bow hunting and I’m sitting a stand observing in case we need to put the young man in another spot. Shooting time is in 20 minutes and there has been deer at there stand all day and night.
Nothing like helping a father achieve and be part of one of the greatest memories in their life. I will report later.

Fletch

Supporting Member
So far there was a 3pt at 70 but could settle down and the deer slipped off. He had to get out the stand to take a poop at prime time also. They seen a big bucks at 125 yards and a bobcat at the bran. Not sure what else. Just got a text that the little guy is getting antsy and they may get out at 9
Nick..... A "poop"... Really???? Come on we are talking TOO... F bomb dropped on here constantly, and you say poop... He had to take a "SHIT"...

At any rate.... That nut shot made Dave a happy boy....

Reactions: triple_duece

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Here we go! I was making my post when he texted me saying there was a spike at 125 yards. I said why ain’t y’all shot? Few seconds later I hear the shot. Didn’t hear the hit so I texted back “missed”? He replied drt. Told him I’m coming and texted Hunter to get down we rolling to the kill. When we arrived he had blood already on his face and a smile you couldn’t wipe off. Dad was the same. When I spoke to him I asked if he seen anything, he said I killed a buck, I acted like I didn’t know and didn’t believe him. I said where and he went running down the turnrow to his deer. Took a bunch of pics and cherished the one hunt they never will forget. Anyway here is some pics.
584A75C0-3777-48FE-8F15-3A9FBD2B42CE.jpeg
60529F3A-12A5-4DF2-A23B-1A72CC500DC2.jpeg
B2F7F4BA-6ADF-463F-B263-6C0A9A568D39.jpeg