Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well we finally getting a bear season here in Louisiana. It’s a lottery, $50 for lottery entry and 25$ license you have to purchase before you can apply for the lottery. Only 10 tags are allocated. Good luck with that. Oh if picked you have to take a class so you can properly identify a bear 😂. Ain’t getting my money, the rich and politicians families will get them, especially since you can sell your tag!

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Well we finally getting a bear season here in Louisiana. It’s a lottery, $50 for lottery entry and 25$ license you have to purchase before you can apply for the lottery. Only 10 tags are allocated. Good luck with that. Oh if picked you have to take a class so you can properly identify a bear 😂. Ain’t getting my money, the rich and politicians families will get them, especially since you can sell your tag!
Wow...

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Wow! That sounds like some shit NJ would pull. Reeks of corruption.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Wow! That sounds like some shit NJ would pull. Reeks of corruption.
That’s my gut feeling, but it will bring in some funds to be used in the outdoors. Mainly for bears and more green jeans I bet. It’s a step though, 10 this year, collect data and maybe more liberal tag allocation there after. It’s been since the mid 80’s since we’ve had a bear season.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Came up to the camp last night for plans to cut my turnrows and plots. Woke up getting pics of lucky. Got to the property and started cutting. For the first time I can remember I was not hot or getting ate up w bugs. Cut for 5 hours and drank one gatoraid.

Now I’d like to ask yall about my potential target buck that is 4 this year “lucky”. He really blew up from 2 to 3 and has had great growth from 3 to 4. There is a big chance he can get killed on another property but has survived this far. Mainly because we have passed on him. I’m really not a trophy hunter but killing big deer and just having one on cam really is refreshing. He’s no monster by Ohios standards but a great representation here. Yes some giants are killed in this state but most good bucks are regularly killed in the 120-30 range. I want to pass on him, letting him get to 5 years old to see what he really will turn out but lost 2 good 5 year olds last year (killed on other properties) next to me. I already know what most will say and I will most likely pass on him since I’ve killed my share of decent bucks. May give the boys the green light w the bows tho if we decide not to kill him w a rifle. What you say?
864049051823682-100-1-08312024063028-W1001635.jpeg
864049051823682-100-1-08312024063458-W1001651.jpeg
864049051823682-100-1-08312024063738-W1001661.jpeg

4 yrs old
IMG_5071.jpeg

3 yrs old
IMG_4844.jpeg

2 years old.

Also any guesses on possible score?