Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

Gordo

Athens County
What dreams are made of! Flurries and cold today. -6 below wind chills this afternoon. I have a partial chubby thinking about the evening hunt. That won't last long once I get settled in. Ha

Gordo

Athens County
2 does and an old shitty genetics buck. Hunt went really smooth. Going to rinse and repeat for tomorrow. Feel great about set up. Target just didn't show.

And..... I stayed warm! Dropped a couple dollars at dunhams on a pair of bibs and a jacket. Living Large! Ha. Killer sale

Gordo

Athens County
Anyone here use an IWOM or Heater Body Suit? I am always tempted to buy one when we get a year like this, but it seems most years I survive without one. The price tag always scares me.

I've thought about buying the heater body suit years ago. Never did. Seemed like it was going to be a PITA to deal with.

Gordo

Athens County

My new 'habit' gear. Buy one, get half off the other at dunhams. Huge huge huge improvement over what I've been working with. Out the door for a shade under $130. We'll see how the zippers and everything hold up over time. Toasty toasty. Like I said, my other gear was old and raggity.

I've thought about buying the heater body suit years ago. Never did. Seemed like it was going to be a PITA to deal with.

Yes it would. Also in cold weather like this with some snow on the ground, I would rather do some walking around when carrying the muzzleloader. For late archery it would be nice though. I have some blinds though that I can throw a heater in so that is typically what I do. Everyone I know that has bought a HBS or an IWOM though absolutely love it.