Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hey its warming up. Made it to 22!

No deer since 730. Climbed down. Walked 30yds. Swapped camera card. Climbed back up. Just wanted to flow some blood to buy me another hour or two. I'm under dressed. Good luck all.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Im still at dillon.. sat in a new spot till 9 didnt see anything and was getting cold. Took a short hike and found what i think will be a kick ass spot.
There is a small hill about 100 yds from me that had fresh scrapes in it, a nice clearing leading up to a creek and hardwoods on my side of the creek up about a 30' cliff. The creek has a crossing in it with many fresh deer tracks...

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I lasted til almost ten. Gotta go nap before work. Had a busted up 6 and a 110" eight point follow the script and present shots. On way jome seen a big guy running a doe across an open field then watched them bud in a weed choked ditch that i can hunt. But wind direction just isnt right for a stalk

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You guys that made it out this morning got my respect! I slept in and still feel pretty rough. Not a good way to spend a morning in the cold and wind even when you're healthy! Good luck out there. It's definitely a pretty day.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
We got down at 10:15. Wind never really let up and it was brutal. Had a bb bedded at 40 yards, I did a river dance to spook him out.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
For those of you guys that got skunked and wanted to see something this morning here ya go!!!.......

This guy likes to show his sack off!! :smiley_crocodile:

WGI_0058.jpg

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I had high hopes. Got out before sunrise and had a doe almost run over me being chased by something before legal shooting time. Heard a buck grunt a few minutes later and then never saw anything else.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anything look good on card?
The guy I saw dogging does at 100-200yds today. About the only prospect I have at the moment unless a stranger shows up. Not that I'd be disappointed with him. He is old and I love the brow tines! Amazing thing is this deer was (guessing) 250-300lb range over the summer. He has been running ragged. I'd guess him at 200-225 on the hoof now. He was trotting across the field with a limp today. I should put him out of his misery. Lol

Camodan

The guy I saw dogging does at 100-200yds today. About the only prospect I have at the moment unless a stranger shows up. Not that I'd be disappointed with him. He is old and I love the brow tines! Amazing thing is this deer was (guessing) 250-300lb range over the summer. He has been running ragged. I'd guess him at 200-225 on the hoof now. He was trotting across the field with a limp today. I should put him out of his misery. Lol

Love the brow tines I couldn't pass him up if he gave me a shot