Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2019-20

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20191104_072403-1.jpg

Rather quiet here 'TOO' so far this mornin.

A bit breezy as well, more than what was forecasted, but hey,, I'm huntin!

Good luck out there crew!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
My first two sits for deer were pretty uneventful. Having lost a place I’d hunted for many years, I was left scrambling back in September. Found a new spot not too far from home but I think I’ll be driving to hunt public... hunted an oak flat next to a wide creek bottom. Acorns were everywhere and woodducks were up and down the creek all afternoon. I even watched a fox put the stalk on them, diving off a high bank and into the water!

The next day I continued to use the creek as an entry and exit route, exploring a new spot to hang and hunt. The area looked somewhat promising but the deer thought otherwise. I’ll give it another shot this week but the lack of activity and any quality sign is telling me not to waste too much time here.

Despite the lack of deer, this place should work out to be a world-class squirrel hunting property. [emoji23]

rooster85

Lake County
I’ve been working over 70 hours a week so my hunting is pretty much limited to Sunday afternoons. Yesterday I snuck out and had turkeys come through then two lone doe fawns, I was hoping something larger was following.

Five minutes before shooting light my dumb neighbor decides to drive his quad around and break branches and dump corn right on the property line.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Floki

In the woods. saw a couple squirrels. Still have yet to see any small bucks cruising.The fuse should be lit. Seems as if Mother Nature dropped the lighter or something at this point last year it was full tilt.Maybe by the weekend . Bidding my time. Good luck