Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2019-20

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I saw one spike bedded down >100yards from me. Little bucks came out to feed ax I was leaving. Drove past A LOT of cut corn on my way to pick up the kids and home and only saw a handful of deer at dusk feeding. Would have thought with the system moving in more would have been moving.

Oh well, back at it on Friday.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It gave it my best tonight but dang that last 2 hours was brutal! The wind was relentless and along with dropping temps it was tough but I hung in till
5:15. It got darker earlier tonight due to the cloud cover and sleet and it’s been snowing here pretty good since about 6. It’s covered the ground like I’ve seen in a few pics in the last few pages here. Pretty slow day for Nov 11th but that’s the lockdown for ya!

Smawgunner

Athens
I'm in my stand Saturday and hop down to meet up with my buddy by my side-by-side at 11:30. I get there and decide to sit down at the edge of the "bowl" as we call it. It's about 10 acres that slopes downward. I'm actually just sitting on the ground at this point. I said what the hell....loaded up an arrow and waited for my buddy to show. 2 minutes later and I see a decent 8 point walk from right to left at the bottom of the bowl...then up to the top...then turns and walks the lip right toward me. He comes within 12 feet of me, spots me and jumps back 10 more feet, turns broadside to take another look at me and I let fly. First time taking a deer while sitting on the ground lmao!
871FABD3-4545-4D92-8437-34E9FD06F5D8.jpeg
B92EAC54-364E-4D61-BDC6-60C2C6AA6A3A.jpeg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I should have taken the day off. Decided to hunt a new box blind since it’s windy. Had my wife pick up a buddy heater. Got in blind in dark and was quite warm. Tried to open windows but they are frozen. Was getting quite steamed so I took my glasses off because they were fogging. Anyone see where this is going? Got one window open but struggling with the only other one I need to open. Decided to sit down to get better leverage. Where do you suppose I put my glasses. You guessed it. They are now completely destroyed. Only glasses I have that I can shoot a compound with. I can still shoot without then but things are fuzzy. I can shoot through a scope with my regular glasses. If this can’t be fixed quickly I may have to use Carissa’s crossbow for a while. Ugh. Window still won’t open.
On a more disturbing note, after I escaped the ceremony the nut gatherers were having for me late into the night they must be angry with me. They have not greeted me yet this morning.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm in my stand Saturday and hop down to meet up with my buddy by my side-by-side at 11:30. I get there and decide to sit down at the edge of the "bowl" as we call it. It's about 10 acres that slopes downward. I'm actually just sitting on the ground at this point. I said what the hell....loaded up an arrow and waited for my buddy to show. 2 minutes later and I see a decent 8 point walk from right to left at the bottom of the bowl...then up to the top...then turns and walks the lip right toward me. He comes within 12 feet of me, spots me and jumps back 10 more feet, turns broadside to take another look at me and I let fly. First time taking a deer while sitting on the ground lmao! View attachment 89812View attachment 89811
Congrats on a nice buck!!!!! Shooting them from the ground with a bow is a rush....

Reactions: Smawgunner

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I should have taken the day off. Decided to hunt a new box blind since it’s windy. Had my wife pick up a buddy heater. Got in blind in dark and was quite warm. Tried to open windows but they are frozen. Was getting quite steamed so I took my glasses off because they were fogging. Anyone see where this is going? Got one window open but struggling with the only other one I need to open. Decided to sit down to get better leverage. Where do you suppose I put my glasses. You guessed it. They are now completely destroyed. Only glasses I have that I can shoot a compound with. I can still shoot without then but things are fuzzy. I can shoot through a scope with my regular glasses. If this can’t be fixed quickly I may have to use Carissa’s crossbow for a while. Ugh. Window still won’t open.
On a more disturbing note, after I escaped the ceremony the nut gatherers were having for me late into the night they must be angry with me. They have not greeted me yet this morning.

Your squirrel posts are killing me!! LOL