Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2019-20

djohn9713

But of course...

He said the thing was facing him for about 20 minutes before it turned sideways to allow for a shot. It was eating at a bait pile someone set up on the property we hunt. He thinks it had a bad eye as one was cloudier than the other once he found it.

Attachments

• IMG_20191013_180452.jpg
    IMG_20191013_180452.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 226

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
But of course...

He said the thing was facing him for about 20 minutes before it turned sideways to allow for a shot. It was eating at a bait pile someone set up on the property we hunt. He thinks it had a bad eye as one was cloudier than the other once he found it.

Now it's got two bad eyes LOL! Congrats to the young hunter!

Reactions: 5Cent

djohn9713

Son found an 8 point this morning. Gut shot and at least two days old. Wonder if it was from the group on the property before us or from a neighboring one. Either way, I hate to see that. Both for the hunter and the deer.

Chass

The Hills
I thought I was gonna have to shoot a doe last night. 3 does came in on high alert. Not sure why but came in all stumpy and heads bobbin. Wind was in my favor. Told em under my breath if you start blowing I start shootin. They didnt agree with that I guess so they left. Right away 2 other big does came in and they didn't care about anything at all. A few of the young bucks were scent checking any does that would let em get near but they tried to keep their distance. Had some sparring going on down in front as well. Coolest part of the night was watching a hawk fly about 50 yards of the trail maybe 6 inches off the ground and tried to snag a squirrel. He failed, but I was rooting for him.