Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2019-20

Buckkillr

Athens
Wow! Good eye!!!!
Well, it happened again and within the 3 day mark 😂

As said we we're on the ground, never easy already. About 5:15 two doe's come in look around for a little bit and leave. After they left I told son if we hear anything coming get your bow vertical and release hooked and be ready, with doe's he just left bow on lap. So about 5:30 and running out of light quick we both heard the steady walk, I glance over and he's ready to draw 👍

Bucks on a steady pace to walk 10 yds broadside, it passes behind really thick brush and son draws 👍👍👍 buutttt as he does(still wearing harness) that damn harness clip was caught on a branch or something and as he twisted upper body snap, buck stops behind brush and doesn't move. Gets nervous and runs sheeesh it never ends! Only good thing is no chance he smelled us and probably didn't see us, he was just taking no chances.

Didn't help probably that son started the whispers when it didn't move and he couldn't see it anymore 😂

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Snow on ground and it's drizzling. Fronts about thru and the first deer to pass by gets it!
IMG_20200118_155240.jpg

Outside

I'm back at it!
View attachment 93968
I'm prepaired to stick it out all the way to the end if need be.

All caught up on all the shit I needed to get done over the past week & everybody is all taken care of.

Now it's my time to go after something with antlers.

Good Luck. You’ve put in a lot of effort, and deserve a nice deer, which runs to the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wildlife

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
18 deer so far, including two bucks. All within 10 yards at some point, except for the two bucks.

They're were hanging back within the pines.

I didn't intend to hunt all day, but it kinda looks like I'm going to now because I still have two bedded right underneat me, two others bedded @35 yards away and at least six of them stil on thier feet moving about to the North, roughly 100 yards away.

It appears I may be in my stand all day because the deer are very active today.

The two bucks got just within 50 yards of me, an 8 & a 6 with a hanging antler, bearly holding on.

I'll shoot the 8 if he offers up any opportunity.