Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2020-21

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Double trouble tonight! Pulling for a Friday the 13th buck with little sis in tow.

20201113_163903.jpg
20201113_164128.jpg

How's the knee?
Knee was actually ok tonight. Thanks for asking. Saw two does feeding in the freshly cut corn behind me about 200 yards away on a farm I don’t have permission to hunt. They never made their way towards me. Then the damn tractor shows up 20 minutes before sunset to fuck up my hunt. I wouldn’t believe it unless it happened to me. He’s still
A5B260F4-918A-4932-B821-E92128BB3E70.jpeg
057827D1-E94A-4979-9E10-B5B1EA85638F.jpeg
out there mowing the cut corn. Fuck!!

Reactions: Mike and Sgt Fury

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Only one, but he was a real good one.

Newcomer that looks much like my avatar @4:40 p.m. @40yrds.

At least one big guy is in the area, just like last season at the same time.

No arrow took flight.

Details will be in my journal.

Playing catchup since I got behind yesterday due wife's birthday celebration.

Bowkills

Nw oh
The doe in heat and buck were bedded down at daylight. they got up for 30mins or so. A fertilizer spreader came and spooked them 150 yrds hardly moving and laying down here and there. They bedded down for good shortly after I snapped that pic...at 930 Laid there until I wanted to see how big he was at 4. I drove the 4wheeler out a couple hundred yards. He stood up I looked at him and I turned around, he laid back down. Before we left to get the dishwasher they moved 100yrds at most back the same direction they laid down last night. Morel of the story a single deer in heat can take a shitload of time for a buck to breed (or seconds). I wouldn't doubt they are in the same area in the morning....

Reactions: Wildlife and Mike

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I got skunked tonight. My buddy who was 200 yards north of me had a couple doe hanging around. No horns were seen today. Tomorrow is another day....
I’m heading back home Sunday too get this tooth taken care of. Rain Sunday and high winds Monday and Tuesday sealed the deal for me.
I’ll be back for the gun season and hopefully have the same luck I did last year.

WoodCoDep

BARTLETT, OH
Can't go live from the stand as i have no service. But was the first time I've been out in 10 days. Had a little 3 point come in at 3. Then at 4 had two does come running down the hill across the creek right at me. Sure enough had what looked to be a 140ish buck following. They were coming right to me and for some reason the buck stopped looked back to his left and went the other way. The lead doe hung up atc50 yds then somehow winded me and took off back up the hollow. At 4 i heard crashing to my east and another shooter was chasing a doe hard but quickly out of sight. Right near the end of shooting light i hear more chasing where they were earlier. Then i start hearing a deep long grunt. This went on for what seemed forever. Eventually a doe started my way. Then i saw him after he grunted again and thought yep that'll work. He started following the path of the doe and i got ready. He got to 60 and i drew back. He stopped and stood in an opening at 45 or so and i can make that shot all day but was really still at the time so opted not to, the doe kept coming and i figured she would lead him right to me, but i was running out of light. I let down and he started walking again. The doe came through an opening at 35 and buck was on same trail so when he got behind another tree i drew again. Not sure if the doe saw me or not but she took off and he took off to cut her off. They made a big loop at full speed and circled right back through again at 30 yds but was running full tilt till outta sight. Maybe 5 more feet and I'd prob be tagged out ugh..Awesome night tho. I posted in a couple other threads but it was this buck.
MFDC4075.JPG
HUNT0010.JPG