Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2020-21

Isaacorps

Columbus
I’m out, hopefully the daily doe parade pulls in a curious buck. Pissed in a fresh scrape on the way in. Trail in front of me runs left to right from bedding to a cut bean field. There may or may not be a pile of golden nuggets to cut them off and give them pause 👀. Good luck y’all
7D241E35-995D-4263-BF3E-FE8D81E5ABFE.jpeg

Bowkills

Nw oh
Chit. I tried getting to a 60ydx100 yrds patch of trees surrounded by standing corn and grass strip on 3 sides. Bumped a fawn in the corn field not close to my destination it stayed close. Got closeer to my spot, bear crawled 70 yrds close to my destination only to see deer heads starring at me at 45 yrds when I pop my head up to take a look around. Tried but failed. The fawn I believe followed me and got within ten yrds of me b4 dark but I merely spooked it again. And I got bit by a mosquito.

Well, about 20 minutes before dark has two deer come out...a little 2.5 year old 8 point and about a 150" 10pt....came to 32 yards.....Lucas was wiggling around....gig was up...both bounced off. Ahhhh the joys of hunting with kids! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Blessings in disguise though, idk what I would have done if I would have shot one this early.