Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2020-21

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Still in the game!

(Left to right, top to bottom. Looking SE, S, W, NE, Lone Wolf Treestand setup, and then a selfie for good measure.)
20201124_132417.jpg

Grabbed my 'Lone Wolf Alpha Stand' with 5 LW sticks and took off for the SW corner of the lower CRP field at noon, where there are a ton of deer beds just within the CRP field to the SE.
This is the first time in this tree this season due to the mild SE wind we're having today, which makes it perfect, if and when any deer come strolling out of thier beds a lttle later, headed for the upper alfalfa field, just like they did yesterday @4:30 p.m.

If that does happen again this evening, then there will be blood shed. You can bet on it!

Good luck to whoever is huntin this evening!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Just got back from WV. After 40 seasons of rifle hunting I finally SAW an 8 point.... and shot him. I’m not sure how that is even possible. I had an incredible bow season but once the acorns are cleaned up they leave the state property because there is zero cover/browse now. So when I saw a solid WV buck for there I actually pulled the trigger. We only had 4 in our camp this year and one other shot a 6 point. Tyler saw the most but spikes were the only bucks.
BD45F91A-BA3B-4FBA-B387-D443DA7CC784.jpeg

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Just got back from WV. After 40 seasons of rifle hunting I finally SAW an 8 point.... and shot him. I’m not sure how that is even possible. I had an incredible bow season but once the acorns are cleaned up they leave the state property because there is zero cover/browse now. So when I saw a solid WV buck for there I actually pulled the trigger. We only had 4 in our camp this year and one other shot a 6 point. Tyler saw the most but spikes were the only bucks.
View attachment 114599

Hell yeah, congratulations!!

Reactions: Spencie