Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

Haven't been this week but my cooler got loaded this weekend.
20211108_174009.jpg

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
So I just pulled back into the yard here at work, I’m parking our new to me service truck, I look out in our hay field behind work( probably a two acre field) and there’s the big 10 point I had on camera a couple weeks ago… completely mounted on a super small doe. I’m talking maybe 70-80lber. Literally watched him breed her for about forty seconds, he hopped down and just casually walked her to the edge of the field and into the bottom…. Absolutely incredible sight to see! Wish I would have had a decent camera! I attached a couple photos of him for you guys

Attachments

• D37F2E1C-CE94-4B04-9482-5B2392A72E38.jpeg
    D37F2E1C-CE94-4B04-9482-5B2392A72E38.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 11E1133D-5F32-401D-8234-8CCC9FE48988.jpeg
    11E1133D-5F32-401D-8234-8CCC9FE48988.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 89

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County
A big bad nothing burger! Nada, nothing, zilch! Didn't see or hear a deer anywhere. Totally skunked this evening for the very first time this season, although I think I have a real good drop on a coyote den though. Second evening in a row where I heard a yapping coyote directly across the field from me, to the South, coming from the same spot as yesterday. I believe they took over the same den I discovered in that area two years ago. And yeah, this too, I could've bagged my limit of squirrels this evening as well if I truly wanted too. They were busy at least.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day in paradise. Hopefully it will start off with a bang come daylight and start seeing these mature bucks chasing down these does around here during the daylight. I've got plenty of them in the area, that is for sure.

I'll be hunting in the a.m. within the big bedding area, on top of the 'North Ridge' for the second time this season do to the NW wind that's forecasted, then switching to coming from the East by midmorning, and then finally by noon, changing once again to coming from SE. That's when I will move back to the same setup I been hunting over the past four days. Any South or West type winds are totally ideal for that particular setup, at my 'Western Stand'.
The big boys, if there aren't chasing during the day by then and stick to their regular routine, I just might stand a good chance come evening in seeing one of them, that is, if they show up before quitting time. You can bet your bottom dollar that I'll find out one way or the other come tomorrow.

Okay, that's my evening deer report. Pressing onward.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Had to do work. Road scouted tonight. Combines working hard to beat the rain. Offered the perfect storm for one property. Combine working SE corner of the block and another working on the block to the west of this woods. Both taking down some of the last standing corn. Had 10 deer (possibly 12 but getting dark and they kept moving) in one field. Not a single antler to be seen. Not a single hint of rut activity. But, that is the most deer I've seen in one field in two years. I'll take it.

Reactions: 5Cent