Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
New stand location on the edge of the swamp. Been in since 630. Not a single deer until 10 minutes ago. He walked directly under my stand and would have taken a dirt nap if he hadn’t broke off his entire left side. Came through limping and looking like he got the shit kicked out of him. With both sides I’d say easy 150” deer…..

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
New stand location on the edge of the swamp. Been in since 630. Not a single deer until 10 minutes ago. He walked directly under my stand and would have taken a dirt nap if he hadn’t broke off his entire left side. Came through limping and looking like he got the shit kicked out of him. With both sides I’d say easy 150” deer…..
Now too get a look at what kicked his ass…..

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Just heard a good buck grunt to my left, to the South. They're cruisin... Breaking out my grunt tube.

Edit: Now heard a snort weeze after my grunt.from within the woods.
Yup, that worked out rather well. Grunted this guy out from within the woods behind me after hearing him first. A real good lookin young eight that I could've easily arrowed and captured it all on film.
He's still cruisin South so, it just might be new bucks cruising day today.
20211104_104229.jpg

20211104_104228.jpg

Never seen this buck before, on TC or anywhere else.

Now two does in front me at 15 yards.
20211104_110824.jpg

I'm going to hang as long as I can stand it, then break for lunch at some point.

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
The temptation of wanting to let an arrow fly is boundless :ROFLMAO:

Anyways, looks like the deer parade is finally over with, at least for now anyhow. The 11 o'clock hour made up for the real slow early mornin hours.

I'm climbing down at 1 and going to Canal Winchester at BW3's for a hardy lunch. Letting anyone know just incase anyone cares to join me for a beer or somethin.

I'll be back in the same stand for this evening for sure.

Catch up later,,, C-ya!

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Have to share this with y'all.

Yesterday I broke for lunch at the same time. I think those deer are on to me cause after reviewing my TC data for yesterday and today, I had two big nanny does and a little one right in front of my stand for a half hour at 2:30 p.m., then they left the area literally 10 minutes just before I returned to my stand.

TOO FUNNY :LOL:

Reactions: Big_Holla and 5Cent