Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Buddy had a booner 8 point dogging a doe with no shot opportunity. Came in fast and exit just as fast with the doe high tailing it… Small half rack came in not long afterwards and got a pass….
His FIL was scouting from his truck driving around the block. Said most of the shooters were out in the middle of the fields bedded with a doe.
I’ll be up hunting with him next weekend for the week.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
It's warming up rather quickly. I'll be getting down in about a half hour and peel off these huntin clothes before I start to sweat in them. Plus I have some chores that need attended to and a couple of animals that need out. Before I leave here though, I'll be pulling the SD card from the TC and hopefully see what I spooked earlier this morning when I first arrived to my tree.

Expect me to be back out later. The weather has been somethin else. I'm just lovin it!

Catch up later,,, good luck out there!

Well, upon further review of the TC data regarding the deer or deerz I spooked this morning was just a lone forky. The same one I encountered yesterday evening with the twins. So, the way I see it, no harm, no foul, which is a good thing!

On a different note though, also from the same intel for that location, last night was a spectacular busy night once again. Pretty much all of the more mature local bucks showed up there with the exception of just a couple.

The first three TC snapshots are of 'THUNDER', and the rest is of 'VEGAS', from about a quarter-til 8:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. last night.
20211107_131022.gif

Gearing up to head back out here shortly, just in case the doe chasing has begun, which I kind of doubt it. It usually doesn't start around my neck of the woods until the 10th through the 14th, but every once in awhile, there has been one buck known to start a little sooner than the others, such as "SHYBUC'. He's the one that doesn't seem to be afraid of roaming about during the daylight hours.

Reactions: Big_Holla
Decided to sit over my late summer planting of Oats and clover. Secluded plot away from the road. Travel corridors have been light last couple of days. Hoping a buck come checking for does. Either way, beats watching the Bengals blow another one.

Attachments

• 411442A5-DF9A-4C1D-AE3E-477BFFF75A94.jpeg
    411442A5-DF9A-4C1D-AE3E-477BFFF75A94.jpeg
    344.5 KB · Views: 76

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20211107_162630.jpg

You see that shit out there, middle right? That's where most of the does are, hidden. Those weeds are a good 6-8' tall and they are barely detectable when they are moving, even from my vanage point with good binos.

Anyhow, i've been in for the last hour. Nothing yet or, I haven't seen any deer movement up to this point, but I have a feeling this setup is going to get real busy here in the last hour.

Good luck to all you hunters this evening!

Reactions: Big_Holla

WoodCoDep

BARTLETT, OH
First skunk of the year, but I'll attribute that to the two strangers with their two dogs yelling and wandering all over the whole property yelling "did u find it" "whatttt" "Hailey where are you, whatttt""..pretty pissed off hunter tonight. Landowner had no clue who they were. He looked right at me at 30yds and didn't have a clue I was there. I stayed quiet because I snuck in close to where the giant was last night..didn't work out so well.