Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

Redneckfucker

Greene county
See if we can get another freezer feeler!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 85

Stressless

Keene, OH
We didn't watch the same video because dead deer don't flail around on the ground. Dying deer do that.

Whenever you're ready to open yourself up for more criticism on either argument, I'll be your Huckleberry.

Reference your "suffering" argument, just to put that one down with facts from Professor Miles Epstein UofW. Again this is just responding to the unfounded accusation. This is graphic factual information not opinion, if you find this unsettling as well you can delete it.

I appreciate @Smawgunner2 's post above on the ethics of a head shot - not the thread for ethics part but I wanted to get some facts out on your accusation of 'me intentionally letting an animal suffer' which I would never do.

If HEADSHOTS kill INSTANTLY, why all the THRASHING around?!?​

When the facts don't agree with the claim, obfuscation ensues. Copy Jesse. Your site your rules, I'll comply.
⬇️

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
@Stressless, you might as well start a separate thread for all your supporting arguments. I'll be along later to make the same counter arguments. No sense in clogging up this thread with our banter.

---

In other news, I've probably never seen our farm from this angle. Just above the 3/4 mark on the N end of the pond holler. Good bedding in the bowl across from me, with plenty of trails and terrain funneling in/through the holler. Certainly inside the "bubble" of Johnny Long Beams sightings. The buck I decided to call "The -2 8" showed back up last night looking rough. I think he's 4 and if given a chance, would probably shoot.

20221218_152052.jpg

I can also see further N on the flat below. If the breeze stays this safe, I should get away with my wind since they'll be so far below me. There's great bedding to the S, but no shooting lanes. I'm 1/3 way down the hill from the Corner Pocket, which is the highest trafficked area on the farm.

20221218_152106.jpg

After being practically bedridden for 3 days, it feels great to be here! The fat chaw is also a nice dose of nicotine after 4 days off 😂

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Before the yote, I saw a young buck and a doe. I need a little flat spot on that hillside for a stool and it'll make a fine gun stand. With a solid blanket of snow, it would be dynamite. Definitely risky getting in, but a fun spot to sit.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Before the yote, I saw a young buck and a doe. I need a little flat spot on that hillside for a stool and it'll make a fine gun stand. With a solid blanket of snow, it would be dynamite. Definitely risky getting in, but a fun spot to sit.
I always liked carving a seat into the hillside, so it gives you somewhat of a backrest. Put a makeshift wood seat and bring a pad too sit on. It’s always been a good way too kill deer for me.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Haven’t hunted since gun week, felt kinda greedy killing any more deer with 3 in the freezer, then realized that ice season was quickly approaching and fugg that, I paid for these tags I’m using them lol. Been up for about 30 min and already had a 1.5 yo buck come through. Hoping for the family group of does to make their daily afternoon visit. Great conditions, fingers crossed.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Haven’t hunted since gun week, felt kinda greedy killing any more deer with 3 in the freezer, then realized that ice season was quickly approaching and fugg that, I paid for these tags I’m using them lol. Been up for about 30 min and already had a 1.5 yo buck come through. Hoping for the family group of does to make their daily afternoon visit. Great conditions, fingers crossed.
Tiny.. Hope your not in an area that got hit hard with EHD... Because having an attitude of I gotta use these tags I paid for them is gonna bite you on the ass down the road...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Jesse you gotta get with the program.... See if any of the old timers have an old climbing stand... Set it up at the base of the tree and your good to go... Terrain is not an issue... Plus you adjust it accordingly to length of your legs... Ask @"J" what he thinks... Damn I just posted a pic of my TSS using it as a seat and can't find it....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Jesse you gotta get with the program.... See if any of the old timers have an old climbing stand... Set it up at the base of the tree and your good to go... Terrain is not an issue... Plus you adjust it accordingly to length of your legs... Ask @"J" what he thinks... Damn I just posted a pic of my TSS using it as a seat and can't find it....
Where I hunted there wasn’t any trees big enough too set it up on. Hence carving a seat outta the hillside….

Reactions: Fletch

Bowkills

Nw oh
Im tagged out for my county but got a pair of binos for a Christmas present yesterday so i felt i must use them. Took my wifes car with heated seats 😄 sat in the side ditch and watched a group of 14 for 30mins. 3 bucks 2 of which gettin at it. Pretty good fight for december 19th. Some corn stalks flying and spinning like a spun beer bottle cap. One was clearly larger older and put the scraper in his place. A big nanny doe was standing nearby with a frozen death stare. How long do we have until november???? Might pick up dropped corn do some masterbaiting to see if i can get a buck close to our blind for my boy or just get pics before they drop.