Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20221216_171521.jpg

Smawgunner2

Athens County
I tried to kill the entire family but one escaped 🤣 I was really looking for something with antlers...and along comes three doe and beds down 100 yards from me. All I can see is the mothers head. I waited and waited...scoped her out 10 times in a half hour telling myself..."yeah, I could do that". Not having many quality opportunities this year I said fug it and took the shot. Never put one through the head of a deer before but it worked out dandy....she never got on her feet. Her daughter stood around looking like she wanted to be with her mom so I obliged.
4ABC3E25-74F7-45FD-A670-4B974AF994E8.jpeg
C1E92942-1E1D-486A-AD3D-78AD1C8B34FA.jpeg
B59D6304-7AE6-4A34-A020-822C0E971257.jpeg

Last edited:

LonewolfNopack

The woods
This is dumb. I should probably just pick up a weekend shift at a pizza joint or something to fund a lease. Mornings at a donut shop to pay for the corn.
I went fishing today and had a great time. I was still cold but I didn't have to worry about being quite or my scent, and when I got cold I went and sat in the truck to warm up. Caught a pile of fish too and had some laughs. Didn't have to get up at 330am either. The older I get the more I appreciate this, and the less appealing sitting all day by myself not seeing any deer is.

Stressless

Keene, OH
I tried to kill the entire family but one escaped 🤣 I was really looking for something with antlers...and along comes three doe and beds down 100 yards from me. All I can see is the mothers head. I waited and waited...scoped her out 10 times in a half hour telling myself..."yeah, I could do that". Not having many quality opportunities this year I said fug it and took the shot. Never put one through the head of a deer before but it worked out dandy....she never got on her feet. Her daughter stood around looking like she wanted to be with her mom so I obliged. View attachment 168664View attachment 168665View attachment 168666
Yup, that's good shooting Marine. Mine wasn't a 30yd shot but probably the 6 or 7th I've head shot. Last Doe for me during reg gun just hadn't posted it up.

"Deleted due to in inappropriate content per admin"
12/17

Last edited:
Reactions: Smawgunner2

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I went fishing today and had a great time. I was still cold but I didn't have to worry about being quite or my scent, and when I got cold I went and sat in the truck to warm up. Caught a pile of fish too and had some laughs. Didn't have to get up at 330am either. The older I get the more I appreciate this, and the less appealing sitting all day by myself not seeing any deer is.
Crappie?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yup, that's good shooting Marine. Mine wasn't a 30yd shot but probably the 6 or 7th I've head shot. Last Doe for me during reg gun just hadn't posted it up.
Are you proud of this? Its a terrible look no matter how you try and justify it. It's a bad look for hunters and it's a bad look for anyone looking to learn from this forum. You're welcome to justify taking head shots however you'd like, but that video clearly shows it wasn't a quick death and I find it deplorable that you'd post it here.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Are you proud of this? Its a terrible look no matter how you try and justify it. It's a bad look for hunters and it's a bad look for anyone looking to learn from this forum. You're welcome to justify taking head shots however you'd like, but that video clearly shows it wasn't a quick death and I find it deplorable that you'd post it here.
Yeah, gotta agree I cringed watching that thinking it shouldn’t have been posted.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yeah, gotta agree I cringed watching that thinking it shouldn’t have been posted.
It shouldn't have been and I'm fine putting him on blast for it. It's busch league and it's not the type of content we want representing hunters, especially the members of this forum. Grab a .22 and chase squirrels if you need to shoot something in the head. Hell, if she'd have dropped stone dead, fine. But to toss that out as if it's some sort of justification or proof of "marksmanship" and then the see her kicking around like, keep that shit to yourself @Stressless.