Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
2 BBs walked through then No Name casually strolled by sniffing for does. Absolutely no urgency to it at all.
55D6696B-B42C-4822-9DC8-D41B19FCC3D5.jpeg

Bigcountry40

Perspective post...

Would you feel the same if hunting a thicket in the hills? I personally love not being able to see. When I go hunt the flatlands, it is almost uncomfortable to be able to see for miles.
Agreed but the problem is the amount moisture in the woods has made it so it sounds like it’s raining and leaves are soaked. They’ll be on top of u, before u can move

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Perspective post...

Would you feel the same if hunting a thicket in the hills? I personally love not being able to see. When I go hunt the flatlands, it is almost uncomfortable to be able to see for miles.
No, not really. The spot I’m hunting dictates the way I feel about visibility. If I’m hunting in the timber, or in a thicket down south, I know that’s what I’m getting into… I know I won’t see much, but I’m in a bedding area or funnel where if I do see a deer there’s a good probability it will be in range. On the other hand… hunting a spot like I am today, along a fencerow, my success is potentially affected by whether I can lay eyes on a target deer at a distance, and call to it, and judge its response, etc. I’m not sitting in a high traffic corridor so having visibility is an important aspect of the sit. Just my opinion.