Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Out behind the house for the last hour. Seen 5 walking in and bumped them off. One had a massive body. Thinking there could be a hot yearling in here. Tons of running around back here today based on the leaves and tracks I saw coming in. The big bodied deer just trotted off upwind and could easily make itself seen later on. Gotta stay positive!

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
My oldest is with my dad in a blind. I was going to hunt the neighbors but one of the other guys who hunt it was the so i called an audible.
Ghost blind, 7 yo and a pasture with brush on one side and woods on the other. We'll see how this works out for me, how badly can it go?

20221202_164819.jpg
20221202_161650.jpg
20221202_161635.jpg

Ohio
Great morning. Saw 12 but none of them were the right deer. My spot went dead in the afternoon. Possibly due to the swirling wind. Still hunted my way out and had a nice 8pt push a doe past me. Seems like I’m in the twilight zone. Every deer is in the 120-130” range or less. Well it’s on in the morning as I’m taking my daughter out. If one of them show up she’s putting on the smack down!

mrbighorns

Medina
Took today off and my friend chumped out. Came solo last night. Decided to sit all day. Had a good morning seeing 15 but two big does picked my fatass out in the tree and couldnt get a shot. Nothing after 10:50. Decided to move to a stand about 100 yards away. Had 4 come out at last light- took a doe. Good luck everyone tomorrow. Buck hunting rest of the way.

Attachments

• 6EEC42EC-0824-4C3E-B702-4081EE9CD23E.jpeg
    6EEC42EC-0824-4C3E-B702-4081EE9CD23E.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 62

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Took today off and my friend chumped out. Came solo last night. Decided to sit all day. Had a good morning seeing 15 but two big does picked my fatass out in the tree and couldnt get a shot. Nothing after 10:50. Decided to move to a stand about 100 yards away. Had 4 come out at last light- took a doe. Good luck everyone tomorrow. Buck hunting rest of the way.
Congratulations on a nice doe!!!!!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Hunted all day out the pop-up ground blind @theotherfarm, never leaving it, went in at dark and left at dark, and saw six young bucks throughout the whole day. Three in the morning, and three during the evening, and no others. This video contains some deer photography of the ones that made it completely out in front of me.

The deer movement today was much better than the last two.

Pressing onward.