Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2023-2024 Edition

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Scouted for a few hours. Found a good amount of fresh buck sign but it didn’t set up right for the wind today. Also found some serious acorns, gotta be state records lol. I ended up going to a section that I’ve had reasonable luck in the past, levi went across the street. He bumped a mature buck on the way in and had a doe under him before he pulled his bow up. I ended up rattling in a 4 point and watched him work a scrape and make a couple rubs. I left my sticks and platform in the tree so I’ll give it another go there in the am. Settled in to cabin number 1 of the week, eating spam, hot pickled garlic and some lattes 😂
IMG_4083.jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_4082.jpeg

Bigcountry40

I seen 3, had a shooter (130ish) at 37 yards no shot too thick. He came in very cautious from the east with a west north west wind ( I was expecting everything from the west), thought he was going to walk right in front of me, he froze looked around turned back around and wanted nothing to do with my light grunt. I think we are a week away from the big boys getting stupid. First time sitting in this hedgerow, need to make some up grades.

Last edited:

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Scouted for a few hours. Found a good amount of fresh buck sign but it didn’t set up right for the wind today. Also found some serious acorns, gotta be state records lol. I ended up going to a section that I’ve had reasonable luck in the past, levi went across the street. He bumped a mature buck on the way in and had a doe under him before he pulled his bow up. I ended up rattling in a 4 point and watched him work a scrape and make a couple rubs. I left my sticks and platform in the tree so I’ll give it another go there in the am. Settled in to cabin number 1 of the week, eating spam, hot pickled garlic and some lattes 😂View attachment 186954View attachment 186955View attachment 186953
I remember hunting Fox Lake in Athens county in 2010 and at the top of the hill above the beaver pond the oaks were dropping acorns as big around as a quarter….biggest I’ve ever seen. And they were so thick that is was like walking on marbles….I actually slipped a few times and almost went down a couple times. Never in my life have I seen acorns that heavy before or after that day.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Heading out. Service sucks virtually everywhere I’m interested in hunting, which is probably a good thing so I pay attention. It’s pretty dang chilly this am, buck deers should be moving hopefully. The wind last night was doing the exact opposite of what was forecasted so I’m kinda banking on the same thing this morning. If that’s not the case I’ll have to make some adjustments. Should be a good morning, good luck to anyone else out.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Feels like deer killing weather this morning! I'm out, as is my buddy. I'm on our N ridge overlooking my favorite scrape on an oak flat between bedding areas. He's in the corner pocket. I can hear a neighbor rattling right where I expected deer to come/go, so that's already cramping my style.
Hopefully he moves deer your way….