Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2023-2024 Edition

Ohio
Went to PA this morning with the 30-06 my grandpa used to hunt with. Plan was brown and down. Sure enough two nice does come trotting in around 9. Pull up and I catch movement behind them. Saw a buck moving through the brush towards them so I let the does pass. By the time I realize the buck is a 6 pt and not legal, I didn’t have a shot at the does. He took off and chased them through the brush. Maybe they’ll show back up. Oh well, the mile hike in was worth it today to see that kind of action on public.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
IMG_9665.jpeg

Last day of NJ six day firearm. Foggy morning but it’s starting to lift. Next week (wed-friday) is doe days and I have a buck tag in my pocket. Then it opens back up the first Saturday in January for almost the entire month.

Last edited:

OO2

In the Uplands
Can't you kill multiple? Man's gotta eat before he can trophy hunt. Lol. How long you gotta boil a half rack before its tender enough to eat?! 🤣
Has to be 3.5 to get another buck tag

plus I have bigger bucks on my call cam in another spot that I’ll never see 😬😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: giles
Killed another eater on a muzzleloader bonus hunt today. He came in running a doe straight up the river. Super cool to watch. Shot with a cva wolf, 350 gr hornady sst, 80 gr by volume of blackhorn 209, and a cci shotshell primer. Beautiful pass through and less than 5 yard recovery. I had planned on fresh heart for supper, but as you can see, the muzzleloader tenderized i a little to much.
Screenshot_20231209_192108_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231209_192120_Gallery.jpg