Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
One suggestion I always have is go sit a stand that seems crazy. Find those spots that tweak your interest, but not enough to hang a stand. Hunt some place you would not normally hunt. And do it all during the next 3-4 weeks. You never know the quality of intel you might gather and you have nothing to lose.
That's what I'm going to do!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Made it to a set that I haven't been to this year. Get to my tree and see this. I think it's a good tree.

uploadfromtaptalk1445378433628.jpg

I'm not in my stand but three minutes and here comes the home owner in his truck, with his son following right behind on the tractor. He is scraping the paths through the woods for a hay ride they are having tomorrow.
[emoji35]
Just my luck!!!!!!! Oh well at least the sun is shining and maybe I'll get lucky. After all deer aren't scared of tractors and he is already on the other side of the woods.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Saw a bunch of deer finally. I had a small doe hanging out under my stand for a few minutes and decided to shoot her. Scope was a little blurry but I thought I had it. Wrong. Ended up with a bent arrow, broken slick trick and a pile of white hair. Not a drop of blood. Shit. Oh well, off to work and try again tomorrow morning.

I had a bad feeling when she ran off cause she went about 20 yards and then slowed down to a trot. I am happy that I'm not following small drops of blood all over the woods this morning with no deer at the end. Still- shit! Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.