Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm a pussy magnet. She followed us in from the barn and won't leave.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445809652.184092.jpg

She watched this BB walk by at 10 yards.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445809675.031484.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Think the goober 100yds south of me who has rattled twice in the last 30min is going to screw me up? Haha! His stand sticks out like a neon sign. Hoping they skirt him and head thru the thicker stuff my way. I'm afraid they will just wait until after dark to move. Ugh

No we aren't on same property. I am 40yds off the line if not more. He is on the line. He and his buddy being a-hole to the owner of this property is how I secured permission. I just need to tolerate them I guess and keep an eye on them for the LO.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Cotty that's cool... I had a similar situation goose hunting one day.. Had a kitten walk out to the decoys and hop in my blind with me... Sent the 10 gauge to clear the skies. Couple times and she stayed right there the whole time.. Can't believe I didn't take her home.. Cool cat

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
One solo button buck. Small buck later. 20-30min later I see the BB coming back thru with the small buck chasing him. Must be one of the Obama bucks because i think he was gay! If not gay, the young buck was real confused about how it was supposed to work.

AFJAYMO

This was my first deer taken with a bow. I hunted a little bit as a kid, but nobody in my family really hunted, so, I was never properly prepared to hunt whitetails. I did 20+ years in the military and moved all over the world. So, I didn't hunt as much as I should have...was busy raising a family of 5 and serving my country. Well, long story short, I moved back to Ohio in 2010 and was reintroduced to hunting by a friend at work. Turns out, he's one of my best friends. He introduced me to a family that had about 160+ acres of farmland, and I requested permission to hunt on their land. They have been gracious enough to let me hunt there for the past 5 years and this year I took my first buck by bow. He's not a monster, but he's a pretty nice buck.
IMG_20151019_210821.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.