Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
uploadfromtaptalk1445717428259.jpg

Shot the doe I saw this morning.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Nice work John and Steve!

Been raining here since 2. Great day for sweat pants, the Lazy-Boy and college football. Going to relax and enjoy my last Saturday afternoon of laziness.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Congrats Steve! I'm out in a stand dad and I hung 2 weekends ago. It's probly my favorite spot I've ever hung a stand. We'll see what happens. Goodluck to anyone out.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Doe with two fawns came out of the sanctuary, hit the food plot, all 3 worked the licking branches on the treecoy, the BB rubbed his face all over the treecoy, they ate some more, then headed up to an area I did some hinge cutting a couple years ago. I have a camera up there I wanted to check. Guess that'll have to wait!

Skeeter81

Very windy in NE Ohio. Conservation club across the lake apparently having a 50 cal shoot off....waffle house is starting to call my name

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
One suggestion I always have is go sit a stand that seems crazy. Find those spots that tweak your interest, but not enough to hang a stand. Hunt some place you would not normally hunt. And do it all during the next 3-4 weeks. You never know the quality of intel you might gather and you have nothing to lose.

Damn good idea! Take a 22 and pick off a few squirrels and maybe head shoot a yote while you're doing it! I agree with Jesse here, some small unattractive wood lots turn into "hot doe pin down zones" during lockdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.