Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Beans left, crp right. Fresh rubs in the area.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413494904908.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413494904908.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 120

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Made it out this morning for a couple hours before heading to work. Wind was gusting some but overall a nice morning sit. Got skunked but had plenty of reflection time. I am betting tomorrow evening is going to be active. Got a cold front moving through and the lows Saturday night/Sunday morning are in the low to mid 30's with frost. I would think Saturday Evening and Sunday morning the woods should be alive. Hoping to make it out at least one of those.

Good luck to everyone heading out this afternoon.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Made it out this morning for a couple hours before heading to work. Wind was gusting some but overall a nice morning sit. Got skunked but had plenty of reflection time. I am betting tomorrow evening is going to be active. Got a cold front moving through and the lows Saturday night/Sunday morning are in the low to mid 30's with frost. I would think Saturday Evening and Sunday morning the woods should be alive. Hoping to make it out at least one of those.

Good luck to everyone heading out this afternoon.

Glad you got out! I'll be out Sunday morning and evening.

Ricer2231

Settin in the tree feeling like a kite tonight, windy is an understatement. But I'm not gonna kill anything on the couch. Haha. Just my second time out and I can't believe how much the woods is opening up and underbrush is dieing off. Maybe the wind will lay down a bit towards dark. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413577919.058174.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413577944.469938.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413578022.360267.jpg

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Went out this morning and got in the tree stand. Been atleast three years since I was in one and got pretty well freaked out honestly! Haha

I went in about 6:15am and couldnt see until after 7:15. Wind was way worse than I thought and I quickly realized I should have bought a bigger stand. Its one of the small cheap ladder stands and I just didn't feel safe at all even though I had a harness and rope. It got a little less scary once the sun came out and I could see but not much. The "armrest" quickly became an oh shit handle and stayed that way until the sun came out.

Must be gettin older and put on a few pounds since my last tree stand experience.

Kaiser878

ohio
Ha if ur freaked out in a ladder stand don't ever come hunt any of my stands. You'd shit urself. Hahaha

Not a very good stand for concealment but it served the purpose..... this is my dad in it..... couldnt believe he got in it. This was in 2011. Ha
uploadfromtaptalk1413594030267.jpg

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Ha if ur freaked out in a ladder stand don't ever come hunt any of my stands. You'd shit urself. Hahaha

Not a very good stand for concealment but it served the purpose..... this is my dad in it..... couldnt believe he got in it. This was in 2011. Ha
View attachment 24856

Yeah I think I'll pass lol. It wasn't really the height though it was the tiny seat and platform. My boots were hanging over the edge a good couple inches and the seat wasn't a good fit either. Then when the tree started swaying back and forth in the wind I thought oh boy here we go... :smiley_blackeye:

I certainly got a laugh out of it once I was back on the ground. Hoping some of you guys would too!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
HA. Had a stand set just like that one year. Tried to get my Mexican buddy up in it and he froze when it came time to get on the stand. Funniest damn moment I've had in the woods. He was so embarrassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.