Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck Chad!

Great looking set up Derek! What wind direction do you prefer when hunting that set. Do you like it blowing straight way from the bedding area with the tree line(from bedding area to you and beyond) or a cross wind?

Both but usually a cross wind. I hunted a different set this morning and had a 6pt chasing 2 does all morning like he owned the place. It's getting closer, here in a couple more weeks they will really be fired up.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
First sit of the yeat. I am so fuggin out of practice. First I start smoking my gear and realize I left my tags and licenses at the house. TOO late to drive back so I am sitting on our property overlooking a spot I should be hunting. At least I have a good observation point.

Fuggin tapa won't let me load pics.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I killed some squirrels today. Deer hunting sucked this morning so I went to my property to squirrel hunt. Since all the yahoos want to trespass and run the deer out, I might as well enjoy my property for what it is: a squirrel mecca!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413752648079.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413752648079.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 112
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413752661224.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413752661224.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 122
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413752680576.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413752680576.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 114

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Nice shooting Phil. I'm on a new property next to my dads golf coarse. Hasn't been hunted all year we just got permission today and got stands up I'm expecting good things from this place.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
17hmr. Bow in hand now. Slid into a quick setup for a short evening hunt. Busted one deer coming in. Ugh. Then some asshat decided to take a walk tonight. People tbink this is the community park. Was hoping for a shot on a doe. Long shot odds of that happening now. Person was walking toward where I.expected deer to enter. I did see about 25-30 green headed ducks on the way in in an old farm pond. That was cool.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Saw my first buck from the stand tonight. I think he was about a 30" deer but was getting dark. Couldn't tell. He might have only been 27". He chased around a lost fawn. Grunting and chasing. Neither one of them had a clue what they were doing.

teej89

NE PA
Saw my first buck from the stand tonight. I think he was about a 30" deer but was getting dark. Couldn't tell. He might have only been 27". He chased around a lost fawn. Grunting and chasing. Neither one of them had a clue what they were doing.

Lol hopefully it wasn't a button buck or they're both in for a surprise.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Was in my stand last night. Seen the first doe of the evening at 6pm. She was about 15yds behind me in some thick brush. Then shortly after she left 2 doe's came out about 200yds away in the bean field I was over looking. I watched them til 645pm. Then at 645 a big buck that I don't have on trail cam comes out of no where and start chasing the doe's around the field about 150yds from me. I was quite a show. It was the biggest deer I've seen (12pt , 145-150" range) I was super excited and the heart was pounding. He chased the doe's out of the field and the just standing out there breathing hard. Still at 150yds I decided to rattle at him since the wind was in my favor. His head popped up and he started to slowly walk my way through the beans. I'm thinking "holy crap this is really happening" he come to in to 71yds and stopped and then he turned around and slowly walk away through the beans. He was a very nice buck and I'm super pumped and I hope he stays around and continues to chase doe's in my area. Considering my biggest buck is 114" I'm itching to shoot the 145"+ buck

Kaiser878

ohio
I known I should hunt tonight but I just got done checking a bunch of cameras and I have no motivation to go out. I don't have a single deer on Camera I would shoot. So I'm struggling to make myself go out

Status
Not open for further replies.