Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmith

Saw my 3rd dear of the year just now, little half rack 4 point, was about 50 yards away. Super excited to finally see deer though, hopefully one comes in range tonight

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If I'm gonna be hot, I'm going to be working. And so I am. Good luck to you all, hope your feet don't get cold.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That would still be considered a lull. Whatever the reason harvest droops off after the first week and picks back up around Halloween.

Could be guys getting out and hunting then slacking off getting ready for the big rut push. Could be guys holding out for their target buck. Deer changing patterns etc. Whatever the reason there is a definitive lull in the killing fields in mid October.

Told ya. First week a good number of deer get killed, then it slack off until around Halloween. Happens every year.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I took my daughter to the park. I have no desire to hunt in this weather. Rut or not, I'm content doing something else.
im with you.. I almost got ambushed by some rookies that thought I was a deer walking I and they were ready to shoot.. Kind of unnerving and then they walk up to me with a loaded crossbow.. I was not nice about that and said I need a day off. Nothing like having a crossbow pointed at you by some young "bone collectors"

Diablo54

Outside
Work is getting in the way. Those of you whining about the heat.... The bucks are still moving. Saw this one in our bottom field an hour before dark with 3 does on my way home from work. He sure is pretty in person
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446677897.279148.jpg

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Had a spike climb a hill straight up and down behind me around 4:00. Heard some walking below me in the thicket, then a soft grunt, then chasing. Right after one doe came up and fed her way off. She got out of sight and I hit the bleat. From her direction an up and comer came right past me then circled around me and followed her old trail. If only he was the right one.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sat all day,ended up seeing several does and fawns with no bucks following.
Saw 6 bucks,all early or right before dark.
Watched a big one go into crp field abut 400 yds out and he stayed there all day.
He got up about 20 mins before dark.
Back at it again tomorrow,got my lunch packed.

Kaiser878

ohio
First signs of bucks locking down with does today. We have a big 9 locked down with a doe along the lane into the property right now. He wouldn't leave her side this afternoon and hovered over her or stayed bedded by her. Had to have just started with her today. Because at 8 this morning he was alone

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Doe and 2 fawn was it tonight.... Beans were coming off so that might have a little something too do with it.....

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
First signs of bucks locking down with does today. We have a big 9 locked down with a doe along the lane into the property right now. He wouldn't leave her side this afternoon and hovered over her or stayed bedded by her. Had to have just started with her today. Because at 8 this morning he was alone

Don't say that! Don't ever say that! In fact, don't even think it!!!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
First skunk of the year tonight, even with them shelling the only corn for miles.

Gonna be a good boy take the day off tomorrow, then back to work for a day . Sat, Sunday levi will have the hot seat again. I will get back after it all next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.