Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Skunk for me in a new spot from the ground, my younger brother poked a hole in a button buck though!

And???? You can't just drop that on is without expanding on it.....

Four guys I know of that we're hunting all day today were skunked.... Nothing moving where they were at.... One guy got a text from a neighbor who said he saw a huge buck with a doe in his back yard.... Go figure....

Jason Short

Wayne County
And???? You can't just drop that on is without expanding on it.....

Haha I put a picture in my hunt journal. He said it came in to 20 yards, he shot, and it fell within sight. When I got home my dad was heading back in the field to pick it up already so I hopped in and went along. The shot was too far forward but he got lucky and it slipped through just in front of the shoulder blade

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Haha I put a picture in my hunt journal. He said it came in to 20 yards, he shot, and it fell within sight. When I got home my dad was heading back in the field to pick it up already so I hopped in and went along. The shot was too far forward but he got lucky and it slipped through just in front of the shoulder blade

Saw the picture in your other post lol.... Thanks for the update lol....

Gordo

Athens County
This threads going to be a jamming tomorrow. Cant wait to get out there and not be warm. Sunday morning going to be 10 degree cooler then tomorrow morning.....

Going to be a fun couple days of hunting. November 7th

Last edited:

Ohioal

6 does and an 8 pt my old man shot tonight. He doesn't get out much anymore so he asked me where to sit I told him to sit in my stand and to make sure he was ready. I put my climber up 100 yards to the west so I could watch the action unfold and sure enough 6 does come out to feed around 515 followed by the 8. He stopped at 20 yards and dad smokes him. He ran 50 yards and was fell over. Not sure who was more excited him or me as it was his first bow buck in over 40 yrs on hunting. When I got out of tree he says " that was supposed to your buck" and I said no, that was supposed to our buck. Not sure how many more years we have to hunt together yet but this is one moment I will cherish the rest of my life. This is exactly why I hunt and why I'm sure many on here do as well. Good luck to everyone next week I'm headed back to bama in the morning but will be monitoring and posting as much as possible

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
6 does and an 8 pt my old man shot tonight. He doesn't get out much anymore so he asked me where to sit I told him to sit in my stand and to make sure he was ready. I put my climber up 100 yards to the west so I could watch the action unfold and sure enough 6 does come out to feed around 515 followed by the 8. He stopped at 20 yards and dad smokes him. He ran 50 yards and was fell over. Not sure who was more excited him or me as it was his first bow buck in over 40 yrs on hunting. When I got out of tree he says " that was supposed to your buck" and I said no, that was supposed to our buck. Not sure how many more years we have to hunt together yet but this is one moment I will cherish the rest of my life. This is exactly why I hunt and why I'm sure many on here do as well. Good luck to everyone next week I'm headed back to bama in the morning but will be monitoring and posting as much as possible
Worthless without pics[emoji6]

Isaacorps

Columbus

Good stuff! Congrats to your dad. What a great memory

Isaacorps

Columbus
I'm goin all in on an all day sit tomorrow and hopefully Sunday (if the buckeyes don't keep me up too late). Goin with the "put your ass in the woods as much as possible" theory

rsmith

Good luck everyone! Got to work 7-1 this morning but will be in the stand from 2 to dark. Shoot straight everyone good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.