Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser878

ohio
Took the guys for a mid day upland hunt today to break thr monotony ... ace got his first dose of upland hunting. It was nasty thick..... but one guy didn't get his second bird, he missed it though. So the opportunity was there.

Isaacorps

Columbus
I woke up early with the plan to go out to my ground blind. The rain & wind I heard thru the open window coaxed me back to bed. Unfortunately, I was the only one in bed ....

He walked right past my ground blind.

Man that sucks! Hopefully he'll be back. I was just debating whether or not to go out tonight. You just made up my mind for me

Steelheadtracker

Smoked up and in stand at 315. U know it's been warm for November when u have to take ur fishing gear out of the car to put ur hunting gear in.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Got settled in for the afternoon sit about 2:30. Trying something out I've never done before. Using a decoy. I just don't think I have ever had a set that I thought could benefit from. At least till now. This field is so wide open. It's worth a shot I guess.

uploadfromtaptalk1446841407859.jpg

I've already had 17 hens feed the whole way down the field to within 20 yds of him.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That buck keeps hanging around. He's not very old. I finally go back to work Sat & Sun, then off another week. Unfortunately, there's other hunters here. One guy just hung his climber across from my ground blind. Damn fucker. I still feel I have the upper hand. Time will tell.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just settled in at my parent's place. This spot has been good to me over the years. No great stands for a straight W wind at the farm, so I opted to come here. Never know what will cruise through this spot...

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
Got settled in for the afternoon sit about 2:30. Trying something out I've never done before. Using a decoy. I just don't think I have ever had a set that I thought could benefit from. At least till now. This field is so wide open. It's worth a shot I guess.

View attachment 38135

I've already had 17 hens feed the whole way down the field to within 20 yds of him.

You should definitely do some rattling aggresively!

Kaiser878

ohio
My hunter had the big ten he missed dogging the shit out of a doe at 320. Buck was at 35 yards at one time... he claims not shot

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446844100.358533.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446844117.404563.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446844145.258103.jpg

Settled in a short time ago. Overlooking an overgrown pasture. Klay is with my dad in the blind in Klays Corner. Kody is at football preparing for week 11 against rival Steubenville.

Didn't run any cams here this year. Just hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.