Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Short

Wayne County
Well today didn't go real well, I hunted until about 10:30 this morning then grabbed a pizza and headed to another property for the afternoon. I didn't see a single deer at either spot, just a bunch of idiots running around the woods yelling lol oh and a couple dogs that came to 15 yards and just barked at me

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I decided to sit in the blind behind my house. Haven't had any luck there this year but was hoping something would get pushed by. Neighbors don't hunt and decided to spend the last hour of the day cutting up something with a chainsaw and burning trash. Probably wouldn't have seen anything anyway but I blame them tonight.

HeartLunger

My wireless cameras all show no daytime or nighttime activity since yesterday morning. It's raining today. I figure I'll sit in the barn, stay dry, and have the same opportunity to see deer as I would if I were getting wet. Ugh!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Pissing it down here. Wish it would get cold. Pulled in last night and had an OBB 10 standing at the feeder. Never seen him in the daylight and assume he only shows at night. A nice cold snap might make him move early enough for a shot.

HeartLunger

It stopped raining so I snuck into the stand. Have hit the dying mouse call a few times. No sign of coyote or deer. I love and hate this week.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Getting ready to head out in a few. I can climb into a old club house and stay dry or climb into a stand about 125 yds away.

I opted for neither, setting over some winter wheat and clover.

Kaiser878

ohio
Neighbors at dads just shot about 15 shots in 2 minutes..... and it's literally almost dark......

I FUCKING HATE GUN SEASON.....
That is all!

HeartLunger

The gun season is healthy for the herd. Bow hunters can't reduce the population to a sustainable level like gun week does, it's just impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.