Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Oh shit... the ratchet strap in this ladder stand just broke... climbing down and moving now.

If that is on public land I would probably go take it down so nobody else got hurt. If it was on my land I'd just double strap it and hunt it on my next outing. Just a thought. Don't want to tell you what to do. Just hate to see someone get hurt if that is a "community stand" on public land.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just pulled in to the farm. First morning sit of the year. 35 degrees with a slight southerly breeze. Perfect for my oak flat stand on our north ridge. Fingers crossed that the lack of pressure shows itself today.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Just a white squirrel for me so far

Fish2cool

Quiet where I am. Anybody going this afternoon. It suppose to get a quater of a inch of rain debating if it's worth it or not. ?

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
What a morning so far. This morning I bumped out some deer under my stand, followed by coyotes sounding off all around me, fairley close. At about 7:30 I had a doe sneak in and on me, as I was watching her, 3 bucks 115-125 all show up at about the same time. The 2 bigger ones were about to fight when they saw that doe. The doe started to walk off and all the bucks took off after her. They were all within 50 yards of me.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Just had the best rut action I've ever had on this farm in 11 years of hunting. No shooters, but what a show. Super star 2 year old with better genes than the one seen earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.