Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My guys saw a decent buck trotting across a field close to where I am. I kicked u a shooter while doing a leaf cleanup. Bigger than any I've seen while on stand. I'm bucking the wind, relying on Scent Smoker (which I only do during the rut) and hanging some Code Red "estrous doe pee". In the area I'm in, if the Code Red is worth a crap, it will bring in at least one curious one. If it doesn't strike curiosity I'll let you know. Normally I don't use the stuff. I've only had good results using pee bought directly from a deer farmer. It's worth a try.

Good luck all! Don't blow away.

NBK2003

Nice buck, now you are ruined for life

Yes. A lot of work today. But the rush!!! I'm already plotting on taking daughter out Saturday. She came home from school and saw him in the garage and went straight to the laundry room with the scent killer detergent in her hand.

OO2

In the Uplands
Decided to practice the ol stick bow from the tree and do a little scouting while I'm out. Promising that I'm killing leaves I'm aiming at lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 99

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We also had a BB come in right behind this little 8 point. We watched him feed for a while, then I let her sling an arrow. She at least got it out of the blind, her first "shot" at a deer at the ripe old age of 3.5. Practically begged me to shoot him. LOL

Gordo

Athens County
Another great sit. Covered again. 2 new 8's that have serious potential. Definitely the genetics I'm looking for at this property,but still young.

7 bucks and 3-4 does. No serious rut action other then a couple nudges and some grunting. Bucks where co-existing pretty well.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Today was a hell of day in the woods. I had to be out by 11 thus morning, but I had the hunt of a life time. I saw 20+ deer today. At one point I had 3 different bucks around me, chasing and grunting. I saw 3 shooters today (130+) and was drawn back on one. I saw a total of 7 different bucks. I got in the stand and wasn't able to sit down till after 8:45 because of all the action.

Gordo

Athens County
Today was a hell of day in the woods. I had to be out by 11 thus morning, but I had the hunt of a life time. I saw 20+ deer today. At one point I had 3 different bucks around me, chasing and grunting. I saw 3 shooters today (130+) and was drawn back on one. I saw a total of 7 different bucks. I got in the stand and wasn't able to sit down till after 8:45 because of all the action.

Hell yeah buddy! Stay after it!

Status
Not open for further replies.