Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Saw 5. The only ones that offered a shot, came through before I had my bow pulled up.

Had one fox check out my pack after I lowered it down. The sound of the leaves rustling when it touched down must have gotten his attention.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Saw 5. The only ones that offered a shot, came through before I had my bow pulled up.

Had one fox check out my pack after I lowered it down. The sound of the leaves rustling when it touched down must have gotten his attention.

Sounds like a good sit Dave.....

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
You called it Jake...

I hate being right sometimes . Wanted to hunt another stand . Just worried since the other spot is in the interior of the property , and since bingo was mostly bedding off the property on the neighbors that I wouldn't see him...I guess when your not planning on shooting anything else it's the same end result when ya see nothing , as when ya see none target deer ...but it's nice seeing something . I know one thing . I'm good at picking groundhog stands . Gonna start shooting them buggers soon instead of just watching.

It'll be absolutely pure luck if I kill this dang deer ...and I firmly believe I won't kill him

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I hate being right sometimes . Wanted to hunt another stand . Just worried since the other spot is in the interior of the property , and since bingo was mostly bedding off the property on the neighbors that I wouldn't see him...I guess when your not planning on shooting anything else it's the same end result when ya see nothing , as when ya see none target deer ...but it's nice seeing something . I know one thing . I'm good at picking groundhog stands . Gonna start shooting them buggers soon instead of just watching.

It'll be absolutely pure luck if I kill this dang deer ...and I firmly believe I won't kill him

Would you want to see a bunch of deer and no target show up or no deer?

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Thats kinda what I was saying I guess . If you aren't doe hunting , and basically hunting one deer then seeing nothing has the same end result as seeing non target deer . It just feels better seeing deer . I will say , hunting a specific deer isn't fun at all . But at this moment I don't have anything else to target even after bouncing cameras thru a handful of properties .
I'm looking forward to hunting rut funnels the end of Oct and beginning of Nov and hunting deer...instead of hunting a deer ..lol .

I guess this is why hunting waterfowl and rabbits is more fun than hunting deer . But it feels more rewarding when ya get a nice deer down

Last edited:

DOG AND GAME

In a tree in Pendleton county Kentucky with my trusty Thompson. Early muzzy season. Sweated to much on the hike in. I am on a bench with oaks raining acorns. Legal shooting in 15 minutes.

DOG AND GAME

Thanks J, had one working toward me at about 80 yds big body but could not see its head it spooked when another busted down from the ridge to my left about 60 yds from the other one, wind was right, left me wondering what happened. Then big ass coyote came running down from the ridge following the second deer. No shot. Just see another coyote to my right just got a glimpse. I am not sure if it was the same one. Maybe the deer will come back thru. I am between the road, and their bedding area. I think its time to make some yote necklaces.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good luck to everybody out there!

We didn't hunt this morning. Really still too early for morning hunting on this farm and nothing really mature showing up yet. Might go tonight but it's very warm and windy today. We'll see...

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
My freezer is empty. I've only had a shot at one deer this year so far and it was a small buck. Haven't hunted my real good spot yet and was planning on saving it for buck hunting but going in there and shooting a doe is starting to sound tempting.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Braydon is heading to the creek again. We had a close encounter that he fugged-up last night. Hoping he redeems himself! There is 3 good ones running that pile if one will just show up!
Good Luck TOO Everyone Going Tonight!

DOG AND GAME

Good luck everyone thats out. I am still in Kentucky with my thompson, moved to a different area of the farm. Stayed on stand untill 12:30 only seen one other deer, small 6 point. Damn its hot.

Spending the first afternoon of georgia muzzleloader in a box stand with my 3 year old girl. Are we going to see deer?? Probably not. Is this one of the most precious moments of my life??? absolutely. Good luck all

Attachments

• Resized_20161015_163556.jpg
    Resized_20161015_163556.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.