Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lung Buster Family Turks

lung buster

hocking county
Wow!! How do you go to work after another awesome morning like today? I'm really on cloud 9 and I bet Drew is as well! It doesn't help that I have a guy that hunts as well here and that's all I keep talking about, lol.
Pretty much the same deal as the other mornings. We arrived on top of our hill before 6. We got setup and it wasn't long when a Jake gobbled probably 100 yds away or so. I asked drew if he wanted to shoot a Jake since he had never got 2 in one season and he said he would but prefered a long beard. His decision was made easy when shortly after 2 adults gobbled about exactly where mine and Addy's where on Monday! I only made a few calls and they pitched down. We could hear them spitting and drumming and then they showed up on our left at 10 yds! Drew waited until they made their way towards our deke but they were too close to one another to shoot. Then a hen came and stood by our deke and the tom's separated enough and Drew dropped what he thought was the bigger of the 2 at 20yds! When he shot the other one gobbled and just stood there! I could have shot him with drew's gun but I would rather addy be able to go after it! Another AWESOME morning in the woods and this has been obviously the best season of any that I have hunted in close to 30 years of chasing turks!

20180425_065824.jpg20180425_065706.jpg

Reactions: brock ratcliff

lung buster

hocking county
Addy has already said she is going tomorrow, lol....I can't keep up this pace but we are gonna try, lol...this is a season for the ages and will never be topped by our family!

lung buster

hocking county
What a freaking unbelievable week!!!!
I woke up this am and asked Addy if she wanted to go but she wanted sleep, and rightfully so. She hunted 4 days this week with 3 of those being before school.
I decided since I was up I would go out and just listen. I didn't take a gun or even wear camo!
When I arrived at the top of our hill I was immediately greeted with a gobble! I snuck out and ran back home. I woke addy back up and told her there was a bird gobbling but she wouldn't get up, lol. So I grabbed some camo and drew's gun. I think I'm gonna just take that little 20 ga because it likes me!
I arrived back up top and the bird was still gobbling! I only made it 30 yds from quad and had to hit the dirt, there were no trees big enough to get against. I watched him strut over 100 yds as he came to my calls. I shot him at 33 yds from my belly, lol. It's bittersweet because I would have rather addy shot him but I'm committed to helping her get a 2nd over the next few weeks!20180428_065523.jpg

Reactions: Dustinb80