Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lung Buster Family Turks

lung buster

hocking county
It looks as though the turks may be safe for awhile. Addy got blasted while pitching yesterday and her hand is messed up. Fortunately nothing is broke but she will be sore for sometime. Scary stuff and a real bummer!

Attachments

• 20180429_195501.jpg
    20180429_195501.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 275

lung buster

hocking county
I can't hardly stand not hunting so I went out this am just to listen before work. I was hoping to find Addy a bird to hunt when she is able to go again. I heard several gobble on the roost but all went quiet after they flew down. Plan to be out listening again tomorrow.

lung buster

hocking county
Got Addy back out finally before school this am. Heard several on the roost with one close enough to slip in on. Time we got setup it was good daylight. The one gobbling had 2 hens with them and all 3 pitched down pretty close. We could here him for probably 15 min spitting and drumming before we seen him...50 yds was as close as he got, too far for her little .410, lol... maybe next time!

lung buster

hocking county
We never heard a single gobble Friday and spent the final weekend at a softball tournament. Our dream season is over. All 5 birds we killed on my grandpas land. He passed away 1.5 yr ago and we believe he was a part of what took place on his property the first week of season! My kids and I placed a feather from each bird at his grave.
On a side note, Addy was in pure beast mode this weekend, her first time back at a tournament since her injury, and helped her team win 1st place! She was given the game ball after the championship game!

Attachments

• 20180520_154830.jpg
    20180520_154830.jpg
    635.7 KB · Views: 279

Big H

Medina
Great season for your family on the turks. Lasers are a good organization, we had some good battles with the 18U Red. Enjoy it now, last year was the first time in 14 years that I wasn't coaching a summer team. I have two playing college ball now...

Reactions: lung buster