Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Maddie Bell

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Funny thing is the pics came from the store where Maddie was heading to tan. Same little store we’ve gone into hoping to find just one more box of shells during the dive openers, Joe. Lol

I thought the store in reference was the same place we stop at when dove hunting. But are you sure that's where the pic came from. That's a Blue gas pump in the background, I don't remember that place having gas and can't see one on the Google street view. What kidnapper would be so stupid as to stop in a store not 1/4 mile from where you just snatched someone, or right before you snatched someone.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have no idea what you are talking about... it could have been that she took off I suppose. Her mom and dad firmly believe she was taken. Her dad was sitting in my truck this afternoon and expressed frustration over hearing this sort of thing. He said there was just no way... she left without makeup- going to tan. She wore flip flops She took nothing with her. She asked her boyfriend to ride along. She said she would be right back and according to her mom she would always text if she was just a few minutes late. The monthly issue had arrived and she took no supplies for that ... it was her dad’s birthday. Her parents know her far better than anyone and they say no way she left of her own free will. Stranger things have happened.

Here's the statement by the sherrif that he was talking about.

Screenshot_20200522-083522_Chrome.jpg

https://www.whio.com/home/missing-h...fecUvKlKEewhFgDhfJCpRdbQMVn5qCoXA2nw7N3sSqX9s

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I just spoke to Highland County Sheriff Donnie Barrera and have a little bit of an update for you all regarding the disappearance of Madison Bell.

Sheriff tells me the photos he released yesterday of person of interest and the 2 car photos were captured on Country Corner Market’s security cameras PRIOR to the the shot of the car passing by the market heading toward Leesburg.

So... he would’ve stopped at the market, went in (Shot of him is from inside the store. The blue thing behind him isn’t a gas pump but a Planters peanut display), drove into church lot and then leaves, heads in the direction of Leesburg.

He says there are no time stamps on the surveillance footage.

Sheriff tells me they are still trying to identify him and investigators are following several leads this morning regarding his ID.

Nothings been ruled out... but he did ask me to again, get the word out that if Maddie is in a safe location to call someone and let them know she is OK. She won’t be in trouble. Just let someone know you are OK.

This from Facebook

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I just spoke to Highland County Sheriff Donnie Barrera and have a little bit of an update for you all regarding the disappearance of Madison Bell.

Sheriff tells me the photos he released yesterday of person of interest and the 2 car photos were captured on Country Corner Market’s security cameras PRIOR to the the shot of the car passing by the market heading toward Leesburg.

So... he would’ve stopped at the market, went in (Shot of him is from inside the store. The blue thing behind him isn’t a gas pump but a Planters peanut display), drove into church lot and then leaves, heads in the direction of Leesburg.

He says there are no time stamps on the surveillance footage.

Sheriff tells me they are still trying to identify him and investigators are following several leads this morning regarding his ID.

Nothings been ruled out... but he did ask me to again, get the word out that if Maddie is in a safe location to call someone and let them know she is OK. She won’t be in trouble. Just let someone know you are OK.

This from Facebook

Thanks Brock! If he's a kidnapper he has to be the dumbest one in history. Hopefully she just absconded with someone even if that doesn't make sense considering the events she had planned. . She's 18 so all she has to do is call any police office and tell them she is ok and that she doesn't want to be found. They'll send a unit to check on her to verify identity and that she's ok but that's it.

Reactions: giles and 5Cent

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
His car was reportedly in the church lot for over an hour, per the witnesses that said it had California tags. They said he was standing around like he was waiting on someone.
At this point no one knows what actually happened. I hope she is alive and well. I don’t think she ran off, but I don’t know. I’m about to head back over to be with her dad a while. If I find out anything new or interesting I’ll be sure to let you all know.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
HIGHLAND COUNTY, OH (WCMH) — The Ohio teen who was reported missing after her car was found abandoned in a church parking lot has been found safe, according to the Highland County Sheriff’s Office.

A release was sent Saturday morning that 18-year-old Madison Bell was found, but no other details were released.

Bell was last seen the morning of Sunday, May 17, 2020.

Most recently, the Sheriff’s Office released a photo of a man investigators believe may have knowledge of what happened to Bell, or at least may have seen her.

Check back at WKBN.com for updates on this developing story.

https://www.wkbn.com/news/ohio/miss...pwWvmwxJrP6Io0EHFH7odkEEugKjbQ5fV_o9SqPQ85DLo

Bankfish

The sheriff just called me... she has been found alive and well, left of her own free will, and does not want anyone to know where she is currently.
You have got to be kidding me...
Kids do off the wall stuff. Glad she is ok. What a relief for everyone involved. Strange but best possible scenario, I guess. Thanks for the updates

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
She'll be lucky if she doesn't face charges or retaliation. And her selfish act just harmed the real needs of other girls who were actually abducted.

Did the sheriff say how he knew she was being truthful and wasn't saying that with a gun to her head or some other sort of duress?

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
things aren't always what them seem. well behaved, happy kids don't try to disappear themselves on purpose for no reason. she's running AWAY from something or has a legit mental illness. depression, bipolar, schizophrenic, or something. at least she's ok, and her family has an answer to the worst question.