Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Maumee River Walleye Run

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
tried yesterday, The park rangers made us get off blugrass island just as the fish were starting to bite. didnt have any luck anyplace else.
the water was up but it was still cold.
might try again next weekend. I think I've caught the river fishing bug...

... wait till my wife finds out I have yet another pastime that involves killing, and gutting things on the back porch. shes gonna be so excited.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
It's on like donkey kong right now. I had these in the first hour and released another 10 or so in the next 2 hours. The female is about 30" long and running eggs. I have only legally caught about 4 females in 20 years of fishing the maumee, and this was one of them today.....took her on an orange floater head with a chartreuse "gulp" minnow......it was a magical day that only happens once every couple years. This was the first time I ever used gulp minnows at the river instead of twister tails......they really seemed to work today, although the fish were in there real thick and I don't think it would have mattered what color you had on, you were going to catch them today.

Those jacks are 22-23" long each.

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I can't go until the afternoon. Been a good couple of days thats for sure. Just sucks I had Hunter down Sat. and Sun. when the fishing was so-so. It just could not work out the last couple days to take him. Hopefully tomorrow he can go.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Was up by the river up in Napolean today and drove beside it on 110 all the way up to Grand Rapids and seen a few of the campgrounds flooded.

It's pretty jacked up right now. So far the majority of rain has missed us so it'll be good by Thursday evening/Friday morning. I went up monday evening for some other business and decided to wet a line the last 2 hours. The water was rising really fast but I did manage a limit. I landed two legal females and lost a few other legal females literally at my feet. There were maybe 10 of us fishing and I seen atleast 10 females come in, only a few of them leagl though. But, all these fish were bright silver, Fresh

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
We got a shitload of rain this morning over here southwest Red, it will still be rising by Thursday and Friday.....it sucks I know, don't want to burst your bubble. Look at it this way, maybe you will be able to fish in the stone parking lot at buttonwood on Friday......

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I know when we was up that way for Easter they had water in a few parking lots and I wonder how much they had back in Mary Jane area. Didn't look all that good but I bet it did bring some fresh fish in with it. I just hope the rain stops and holds off for a couple days in a row. Good luck fellas.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
We just got blasted again about an hour ago and there is more rain coming tonight......better start building a boat......