Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Memory cards

Smawgunner

Athens
I pulled my 4 cards this week after running for 3 weeks. 2 had lots of pics and 2 said "no picture". WTF? Full batteries. Both in great locations where I'm always getting action. Both different brands. Thinking about replacing my cards cause they're pretty old. Not sure if high quality fancy cards make a diff in middle of the road cameras.....what say you? Have you noticed a difference between different card types?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I pulled my 4 cards this week after running for 3 weeks. 2 had lots of pics and 2 said "no picture". WTF? Full batteries. Both in great locations where I'm always getting action. Both different brands. Thinking about replacing my cards cause they're pretty old. Not sure if high quality fancy cards make a diff in middle of the road cameras.....what say you? Have you noticed a difference between different card types?
I’d try reformatting them before buying new.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Do you run different brand cameras. One thing I have noticed over the years. If I run a SD card in one cam then try to put it in another it doesn't like it. If I format the card in my laptop that doesn't seem to help. If I put the SD card in my cam and format that seems to help.

My solution is I bought 2 cards for each Cam. Marked the SD cards so I only run the card in the same cam. Since I did this I have never had another issue.

I run SanDisk cards and reformat the cards after downloading the pics to my PC. I've not had issues swapping cards between cameras. A while ago one of my cameras had an option to not over-ride any pictures contained on a newly inserted card, so if there are pics on the card it would not add additional (found out the hard way). The cheaper cameras I have now don't have that option.

Like others, once I started clearing my cards by re-formatting (quick format) on the laptop computer I have had very little to no problems with pics being written to the card (that includes different brands of cameras and cards). I copy the contents onto the computer and once they are there it's a simply right mouse click to Format.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I run SanDisk cards. I clear them completely after each use. I have them marked for either Exodus or other. I’ve never had issues and I rarely format them. Every once in a while a card will go bad after years of use. I’ve had the tabs break too. I run 20+ cameras.

Fletch

Supporting Member
I format my cards each and every time I pull them... Also as stated earlier, I've had problems when switching cards between different brand cameras, so I mark cards... I also always wipe the metal tabs off with a clean dry rag...