Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mizzou Snow 2018

Wmiller07

Word on the street is our timing might be perfect. A group hunting 9 guns at the same latitude, but opposite side of the state killed 302 birds in 2 days. A guy an hour due west of our destination said the birds are starting to pile up, with several groups of 20K+ flying high over the river. Forecast indicates a much needed ice melt and textbook conditions for the first two days of the hunt. Sunday might be a bust, but with a 13 hour drive facing us after the hunt, I won't be made if we do all our killing on Friday and Saturday.

Feel free to not answer but how much does the hunt cost per person per day. I'm just curious if it's something I can talk the wife into lol.

Wmiller07

That's not too bad. I saw some guys in Illinois that were around that. I'm not sure how good the snow goose hunting is there but it's closer

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The bird count on the refuge we're hunting near, and that we can almost see from our hotel, looks like this the last 4 weeks:

2/5: 0
2/13: 0
2/21: 25,025
And drum roll please...

2/27: 555,445

Oh shit! Better stretch those trigger fingers out! [emoji41]

Fletch

Supporting Member
Don't notice it with 3" shells and a Benelli! My one buddy is shooting a Beretta with 3.5s and he's going to feel it. He bought the extended tube too, so 7+1 will only add to the issue!

I have a Browning BPS 10 gauge that would be perfect for a sore shoulder. Bought it for turkeys and have never used it...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Lunch time!