Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mizzou Snow 2018

Gordo

Athens County
Lunch time!

Life's tough!!!!

[emoji23]

Living the dream baby! Well deserved!

Bigcountry40

Looks awesome, good luck out there! How long is goose in season in Missouri? Is it common for goose to run into March in other states?

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looks awesome, good luck out there! How long is goose in season in Missouri? Is it common for goose to run into March in other states?
This is different from the goose season you're thinking of. This is the light goose conservation season. It's an effort to save the tundra from the destruction of the snow geese. Not all states have it. Missouri's runs 2/7 through 4/30 and you can only kill snow geese, blues and Ross's geese.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hole. Lee. Shit. [emoji3]

We just rounded the bend and after hours of no geese, literally hundreds of thousands of birds in the air within eye sight of the hotel. Simple amazing.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
As one should do when on an excursion like this, we went go the local watering hole for dinner last night and ordered the special. We were sitting behind a married couple who were at least 80 and when they went to leave, the little old lady put her hand on my shoulder and said: "You boys have fun shooting tomorrow. We're getting stormed out there..."

Giggity. [emoji3]

Those of you that know my buddy Jackson, I about smothered his ass last night. He snores like a freight train. I finally gave up at 1, got dressed and slept in the truck until 4:30. His ass is sleeping in the truck tonight. [emoji34]

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Birds aren't working, but we've been getting singles here and there. Great shooting from the group with only 1 of 11 getting away. Been watching birds fly all morning. Well over a million birds have flown through. It's a sight to behold.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We've been watching huge groups all day. Seen literally millions of birds. Guide says it's one of the best flights ever, but they're being picky. Still amazing to see.