Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mobile Deer Camp

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Couch.jpgFront View Propane-Battery Box.jpgEntertainment Center.jpgLiving Quarters.jpgKitchen and Bench.jpg Kitchen-Stove-Sink.jpg
Entry-Outside 2.jpg Enterntainment Center 2.jpg

Well this is great to take every year since everything works and has been remodeled and everything runs like it did from the factory.... Its freaking awesome and my truck pulls it with ease.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I usually hunt around Guernsey county and Harrison county; but have gone down to Noble, just not a big fan of the diseases they have down that far.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
lol... southern ohio in all..... i was joking in a sense but i did see a few years back 100's of dead deer all over Salt Fork in the water and everywher eelse from the blue tongue shit... i thought it was all crap but when i called the DNr, no one really wanted to talk about it??? so i have no idea whats up..... :(

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I've been hunting around those counties mentioned for a good while and don't recall any disease issues?? At least recently. Maybe just got lucky in the areas we hunt.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I hear ya Curr, it was about year before last.. I called my buddy and we were talking about it and he mentioned it was just before the season started he thought and the temps were really high and he said the bugs didn't die off yet which made the deer extremely thursty and hot, etc and they just went straight for water and bam dead... I'll try to mae some more inquires adn see what else i can find, havent heard much more bout it, but that something the D-R wouldn't want to get out or discuss... JMO.... let ya know...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It was an EHD outbreak and it was a few years back. The ODNR didn't hide the fact that it occurred. They may have understated the amount of deer affected by the outbreak... But there are various opinions on that. I haven't really heard of any EHD outbreaks for a while now.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Can't speak for it as I hunt in the north. I did hear of EHD in areas a few years ago. I don't know that it would necessarily mean all of southern Ohio's deer population is disease infested. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I can chime in, but I was thinking EHD was almost like a seasonal virus just like humans sometimes have bad cases of the flu worse in some years than others. Difference being we can go to the doctor and get healthy and they are left to fend for themselves. Even flu-bugs are different from county to county or city to city. Some areas get hit worse than others. That was my take on it, but I am the first to admit I was not there to witness it. I could be totally wrong.

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
Ok made a few calls... this is what the DNR people told me.... A few years ago they had an outbreak of EHD in the Salt Fork area. They say its no longer a problem but it comes and goes by small bugs etc which makes the deer do tot water and drink and then they DIE...

Here is a link of all the things EVERYONE should read.. http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/wil...eplaceholder/Diseases/tabid/5830/Default.aspx

They say it only happens if its really hot in the Fall in October???? All i know is its not good.. any sick deer should be taken out of the herd. These damn deer farms is whats doing it in my opinion...
Anyways that what they said, all the deer are healthy!!!! ?????