Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Monday's Archery Range Project

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I decided since it was rainy and windy yesterday, that I would finish my archery range. I drew up some plans on the computer to figure out how much lumber I would need and headed to town. Took half of the day to build working by myself. I put Bow hangers at 20, 30, and 40 yards. The target in the middle is my broadhead target. It consists of the foam blocks that you can get for free from Tractor Supply Co. or Lowes. They use them for shipping the trailers and usually throw them away, but will give them to you if you ask. Six blocks are held together by ratchet straps, and make a 36"x38" broadhead target. I also built a rolling frame for my GlenDel Target. I can easily move it to different distances. Makes it especially nice for practicing different shot angles from the treestand.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That is a cool setup Greg. I bet you could wheel the Glen Del out to a field edge and put a longer rope and a pulley down to the bottom of your tree and make a moving decoy. J/k :D. One question for ya. Do you have any of the foam blocks melt on your arrow shafts ?

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I was definitely impressed with the Glen Del when I was shooting my broadheads at it the other day. Probably have one of those before next year rolls around. Good looking range dude. Have to give it a test run this week!!!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Thats a sweet set up greg. If I had the land I would probably copy your ide. Instead I jsut stand out in the middle of my road, shoot between the houses at my block target that is against the back fence in my yard. The neighbors love it hahahahha

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Cough...looks like it could be a nice pistol range.

Beentown

That's gonna be my spring project right next to the archery range. I'm thinking a 4'x4' plywood target. Notch 4x4's out so the plywood can be slid down into the grooves when it needs replaced.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Nice range Greg, you did good. Hey how much are those Glen Dels? I have a few McKenzies that are shot up pretty good and I was considering replacing them this time instead of patching them up again.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
That's gonna be my spring project right next to the archery range. I'm thinking a 4'x4' plywood target. Notch 4x4's out so the plywood can be slid down into the grooves when it needs replaced.

I put 2x4's face to face with a small spacers inbetween so we can slide cardboard cutouts in between. Pretty cheap way to go.

Beentown

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Thats a good looking range.
Looks like it could be converted to firearm w/ little effort...In the off season of course.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Kick ass! +1 on the GlenDel buck... a buddy of mine has the full rut version and it is one hell of a target. That's a good looking range, Greg. I can't wait to build a house some day... because my basement is going to have a section about 20-25 yds long dedicated as an indoor range.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
TOO bad you guys live in BFE :p! I would bring the dozer and make a little bigger back stop for a pistol range assuming the beer would be included ;)

Beentown