Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Morels

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

First time I've ever found edible Morels. Had to walk 3+ miles of pipeline in the mountains of WV today and came up with these. Found tons of immature ramps TOO. Can't wait to fry these up!!!

Matt

Norton, OH
Guess I am going to have to start looking around... I have zero good morel spots up here in the north. Guess I should start looking...

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
heres part of the ones we found yesterday, a full 5 pound potatoe sack and a 3rd of another , fried them up in an egg wash and townhouse cracker breading, damn good eatin!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• morels.jpg
    morels.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 248

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
My buddies found about 300 yesterday in North Central ohio. I took the daughter out with me around home today and we found 7...... Just got done eating them, yummy.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Alex and I found about 3.5 pounds today. Nice big yellows and some grays. Got a good shot of one.

Morel2.jpg

These that we found in 1 hole last night were a little old but it gives you an idea of the monster yellows we've been finding.

Morel2size.JPG

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dang you guys have me jealous! I haven't found a single one in medina county yet!

Don;t feel bad, most years I'm on that side of the fence with others pictures. It's usually that way in Clark. I would say 95% of the woods are choked with Amur Honeysuckle leaving the ground devoid of the sunlight needed to grow anything but dog peckers and moss.. Alex showed me a piece of land that was a couple years ago very old growth trees that shaded out the honeysuckle. Since it's been cut the tops of the trees are laying strewn about and the undergrowth has really taken off. We found 4 good holes in there. Those above were found along one log. He found a hole today under a dead slipped bark elm that had about a dozen that size. Then one hole of about 20 one inch yellows. The strange thing is it was a very mixed bag. Fresh Grays, big yellows, small yellows and dog peckers. They usually pop in stages but this year they all busted out since last Thursday. I say by Wednesday it'll be over if we get more sun.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Good night in the mushroom woods.... 120... mostly dog peckers... found a half a dozen yellows and 7 or 8 grays.

Not the greatest pic but I was in a hurry due to the rain.

Sent via Droid2 with Tapatalk

Matt

Norton, OH
Caught a batch of twenty or so on Sunday. They put up a good fight, but in the end I beat em. Fried in a flour breading with just salt, pepper and paprika.

epe

Lancaster
Have only found five, due to tresspassers getting most of them. How long do you think we have in central Ohio?

sent from my HTC evo

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

Found these 2 today. The first one was in more of a heavy gravel dirt mix soil and the second I found just laying there so I don't know where it came from but I figure another shroomer dropped it. They could have left the stem in the dirt instead of pulling the intire thing out. Seen a couple shroom stumps along the quad path as well so I think it's the guy from across the street again...GRRRR.