Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Moultrie Delta Cellular Camera... GARBAGE!!!

Fletch

Supporting Member
Stress less.. That looks interesting.. I'll have to check it out... Thanks...

Stressless

Keene, OH
Did you use flex conduit to stop the squirrels from chewing the cables or are they varmit proof?
For whatever reason, they aren't chewing those wires...which has surprised me... I had the first couple I set out with the flexible metal but I've had the 7 setups out (KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK- ON WOOD) out for a year and so far no gnawing has occurred. I'll have eyes on them all again this weekend and update if that's changed.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ok... Friend changed batteries and then I would assume the upgrade took place automatically... He put it out and walked in front of it and here's the pic it took... Much better than before however the jury is still out, let's see how it performs at night and in low light such as daybreak and sundown... I'll keep ya posted....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 230

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Ok... Friend changed batteries and then I would assume the upgrade took place automatically... He put it out and walked in front of it and here's the pic it took... Much better than before however the jury is still out, let's see how it performs at night and in low light such as daybreak and sundown... I'll keep ya posted....
Out in the woods in the middle of summer…..your friend has chiggers!😂

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Out in the woods in the middle of summer…..your friend has chiggers!😂
Chiggers... LOL... Couple years back he got bit up good when out in Illinois in Aug... His wife made him sleep in the quest room for a month... We don't have as many up North like you guys... I was out this morning putting up a stand for a friend... Was shocked didn't find a single tick on me... He's got a gorgeous buck on camera for Jersey... Hoping he gets him...

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Fletch

Supporting Member
Here's a few more from last night and this morning... Night don't look bad, I believe a coon triggered it ( upper right portion of pic )...
Seems to be a little better quality than a Spypoint and not as good as a Spartan...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 217
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 217

Fletch

Supporting Member
Update on the Delta.... Just when I thought it might not be bad for the price, my friend calls me and says it's not taking pics.... How can he be sure??? He has a Spypoint pointed at same spot and it's sent him pics.... Delta has a good signal and batteries are 100%....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This is long .....

I wish I kept my mouth shut. Somewhere recently I mentioned that my Moultrie X6000 cell cam has been out all year & has been a workhorse. Soon after, it stopped sending me any pics. At the end of July, I put new lithiums in it. A week later, the fits arrived. That batteries weren't the problem. I messed with it at bit & could never re gain connection to the server. The red light indicating no server was always on. So, I called Moultrie & when they called back, she told me they hadn't had a problem like that & to send it back. I still have another X6000 & there's no problems w/ that....... so far. So, yesterday a replacement cam arrived & I was expecting another X6000. NOPE..... it's a Delta. I think my neighbors heard me screaming. I haven't read a single good review anywhere on these & we all know why.

So, I got the thing to work last night & it was sending pics. It was getting late & I immediately set it up next to another cam before going to bed. I really wanted to see how the video transmission worked. Soon after, a thunderstorm came thru. I didn't get any pics during the night, & neither did my other. This morn, I wanted to keep my paranoia in check & go check the cam because some deer had just come thru with no pics. When I checked it, the cam was not on, as if it shut off on it's own. The tree it was attached to was next to where the original cam was, with the cam on one side & the tower somewhere on the opposite, miles away. I fucked with it off & on all day & even changed out batteries to reg energizers, getting the same results. it works & then doesn't work. When it did, I could even get a video downloaded & was impressed with that function. Sometimes I couldn't even get the damn thing to turn off without taking some batteries out. Garbage indeed. I was thinking all day that it doesn't like my lithiums, but the regular batteries were still giving me fits too. On a important note, don't pay attention to what the app indicates in regards to battery power & strength.... it won't be correct.

This evening, I may have discovered part of my problem perhaps. I was sitting out back, with it working using the reg energizers. I kept walking back & forth with it sending a pic every time. It was getting dark & I decided to take it back out & set it up next to my popup where there is nothing blocking the server reception. HA, as I'm typing this, the cam just sent me a pic. Anyway, I think, for whatever reason, when the cam tries to send a pic, the tree was enough to block it & for some reason, in its struggle to send a pic, it shuts the cam off. I obviously don't know why, but that's the only thing that makes sense to me. The pic I just recieved is not good, there's not enough IR light emitted........ I just came back ( the wife thinks I'm crazy ) after re installing the lithiums & I get a better IR pic. The second pic it sent wasn't as bright though. Soooooo, all in all, it's the worst cam I've ever had & I didn't even ask for it. I've always been a Moultrie fan but they have gone down the drain. The video aspect may be fun to mess with, but stay the hell away from them.

Fletch

Supporting Member
So my friend calls Moultrie and and tech says the following: Take the batteries and sd card out, AND THEN TURN CAMERA OFF... Huh... How the hell do you power off a camera WITH THE BATTERIES OUT????

Hunter II

I have 2 deltas and 1 is a nightmare. Almost hourly it will send 12-15 pics with nothing in front of it. Sort of like plot watcher mode. It is 3 hours away so I created a schedule where it only runs 1 minute a day and the pics quit.

Reactions: Chancegriffis

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I sent Moultrie a email stating my obvious displeasure & went on & on , ending it with me telling them not to even reply to my email... all in a courteous, professional mannerism, yet they replied anyhow with a few ideas to try, which didn't work. I was told to send it back just the same & that , though they didn't know when, a new update is in the works. When I last had the fucker working, it did take constant bright IR pics, but when I moved the cam, fuckery returned & wouldn't do anything. When I do get it to turn on, sometimes it gets reception, most times not. Another oddity, the only way I can get the cam to turn off, is by removing a few batteries. I should have left it in the trash, but I have nothing to loose but time, so stay tuned.

Reactions: Big_Holla