Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Moving to Wooster Area

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Some know and some don't....Looks like I am packing up the family and moving from SW Ohio up to the wooster area. I am gonna be working for Columbia gas near Lucas but the wifey likes the Wooster area so we will try and find a place on the West or SW side of there. Does anyone have any leads on rentals in that area...Not sure we wanna buy right away...kinda want to learn the area some.....If anyone round there needs a waterfowl teammate let me know...Its gonna take me awhile to learn the area and get spots to hunt on my own so in the meantime I will have to be decoy boy and goose chaser and neck wringer for others...lol...I actually already have a couple spots to deer hunt up thata way
Oh yeah...we sold our house today too!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Congrats on the new Job. If you don't mind. How hard was it to sell the house. I'm looking to dump mine soon and half figure I'm gonna take a bath on it.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
It was only on the market 5 days...Not sure if I priced it to low or if we got lucky...To late now though...It is a big weight off now that its sold but I do wish we had asked a bit more...On the flip side if we had listed it for more would it have sold so quick? Who the hell knows really?...Whats done is done...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats on selling the house quickly. Best of luck on the move! Hope it gives you many new opportunities and happiness.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
pbbbt.....Try 7 months!.....only one offer and the idiot lady wanted all the stuff my wife hung on the walls (pictures, etc) & for us to sell it for 15grand less than what we wanted.....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's awesome, Jake. I'm only about 20 minutes from Wooster, so you know we'll have to get together to whack some geese next fall. I really don't know of any rentals in Wooster, but I'm sure one wouldn't be too hard to find. The good thing is, when you finally do get ready to buy, Wayne County has a lot of nice land and is reasonably-priced. When it's my time to build, I'll probably look into Wayne County first since it's slightly cheaper than Medina County.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Well Jake congratulations! Quick sale is great, and moving is an adventure to look forward to. Best wishes moving forward.

Sucks though that you're headed to another part of the state - I'll miss having ya in Springboro.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Congrats Jake, If I was going to be working in Lucas I would try finding a place there. It is absolutely beautiful countryside down there and AWESOME deer hunting. The market is definitley a buyers market in Richland county also. I understand that if momma aint happy aint nobody happy, but I would try and convince her of the lucas area. If you are looking to rent in the lucas or mansfield area I have a good personal friend that has rentals. Just say the word and I will give him a call for you and see what he ahs available.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats on the quick sell and best wishes in your new job and move. Did you sell your house on your own or did you go thru a realtor? My wife and I sold our house ourselves about 6 years ago and sold it in less than a day!!! We must have got lucky as hell because the eventual buyer was going down our street to check out a listed house and saw our for sale sign less than an hour after we put it up! We put it up at 5pm on a Sat(memorial day weekend) went to a party at 6, got home at 11 and had a phone message asking if he can come by Sun. at 2. He said he liked the price(what we were asking) and started setting up the closing immediately! WTF!!! A close friend who was a realtor said we'd be lucky to sell it for 138K, we asked for 158K and got it!LMAO He(buyer) said he'd have gave 166 and our appraisal was 170, but that was found out after we closed. FUGG, but we were still very happy cuz we cut out the middle man! That's TOO good! Sorry for hijacking but those who are looking TOO sell might want to look into selling yourself! Just sayin!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Congrats Jake! What will you be doing for Columbia?
I will be at Weaver Station starting as a Pipeline tech for the storage field. Basically doing alot of DOT pipeline inspections and maintenance but it'll be M-F 7-330 with limited on call time. I am really looking forward to actually having a life. I will then be able to move into a compressor station operator job from there.
It'll be awesome living a hr from my and the wifes parents and we will be 30 minutes from my sister and bro in law and my grandparents

HOYTMANIA....I will probably take you up on that...We are going to look at a few houses tomorrow by Shreve and Jeromesville but if we can't find nothing I will get ahold of you...I am looking for a rental either on the edge of town or in the country with room to park my boat.

JBROWN....Looking forward to wacking some bird wiff ya...I already got leaads on a few good spots from friends in the area....

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I will be at Weaver Station starting as a Pipeline tech for the storage field. Basically doing alot of DOT pipeline inspections and maintenance but it'll be M-F 7-330 with limited on call time. I am really looking forward to actually having a life. I will then be able to move into a compressor station operator job from there.
It'll be awesome living a hr from my and the wifes parents and we will be 30 minutes from my sister and bro in law and my grandparents

Sounds like a good gig dude. Lord knows our industry is going nowhere but up, so job security should be pretty solid. I've known a few folks that work/worked for Columbia and I've never heard anything negative. Best of luck with the move and job!!!