Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE Muddy outdoors Climbing Sticks

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Set of 5 Muddy outdoors Climbing sticks used 1 season.

$150 To your door.

Usually sold as as set of 4 plus you have to but single stick to make 5.

Caellas Retail 149.99 (4) + 39.99 (1) +tax + shipping. comes out to about $200

Uses a gear drive step system

Stackable

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sorry Catfish.. I traded them for 4 Lone Wolf sticks last night. Which was my reason for selling them so the trade worked out well. Thanks for looking though.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Dang, I would have bought a single stick off you had I known you were selling them. Glad you made the transition though.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dang, I would have bought a single stick off you had I known you were selling them. Glad you made the transition though.

I was selling them to buy the LW Sticks. But someone offered a trade. 4 lw sticks for 5 muddy. (same height on tree) Sorry flutey i forgot man.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Height vs weight. The LW sticks are 32" @ 2.5lbs, Muddy is 20" @ 2.5lbs. You have way more weight in Muddy sticks to reach the same height as the LW's.

Yep.. While I think the Muddy sticks are "nicer".. It's a height vs weight issue.. It takes me 5 muddy sticks to get the same height as 4 LW sticks. That's 2.5 pounds extra. Or as I look at it, For the same weight i can get 6-7 feet higher with the LW sticks..

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like you got a good trade there, Joe. I think I'm going to be buying the LW sticks as well. I would like to have one muddy for the top stick, though.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't be afraid to check out the Leverage sticks either Jim. Problem is they are on backorder and I am being told mid August ship date. Very similar and at a better price. I really can't wait to get them in stock so I can give them the once over. Look good on paper, but until I see them and try them out I just don't know.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Don't be afraid to check out the Leverage sticks either Jim. Problem is they are on backorder and I am being told mid August ship date. Very similar and at a better price. I really can't wait to get them in stock so I can give them the once over. Look good on paper, but until I see them and try them out I just don't know.

The only thing I could see from the pics that I didn't care for was the fact that hey use the same snap clip to attach the strap to the stick as they do on the stands. That's a lot of clanking around in the dark to do while hanging sticks, cause I usually turn my headland off when hanging sticks and a stand. I have excellent night vision because of being colorblind, and I always felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb with a light on climbing up a tree.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
The only thing I could see from the pics that I didn't care for was the fact that hey use the same snap clip to attach the strap to the stick as they do on the stands. That's a lot of clanking around in the dark to do while hanging sticks, cause I usually turn my headland off when hanging sticks and a stand. I have excellent night vision because of being colorblind, and I always felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb with a light on climbing up a tree.

I also feel like if you are using your light, it takes alot longer for your eyes to adjust after you get set up.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

That's the same reason why I've ruled out the leverage sticks as an option. Less noise is ALWAYS better. And I'm willing to pay for less noise.